Outriders is out now in demo form on PC and consoles, allowing players to jump into the looter/shooter RPG. Things look like they’re going smoothly, though there are a few tweaks that need to be made before launch. Motion Blur has been giving players some trouble, it’s really prominent, especially when sprinting. Here’s how to turn off Motion Blur in Outriders.
- Outriders: How to Toggle Motion Blur on PC
- How to Toggle Motion Blur on Consoles
- Is a Motion Blur Option Being Added?
Read More:Outriders Legendary Weapons List
Outriders: How to Toggle Motion Blur on PC
- To toggle Motion Blur in Outriders on PC you will need to head into the settings, as there currently isn’t a one-button option. Thanks to reddit user u/Digity, you can do the following to alleviate things a bit: Go to:
- Find Engine.ini and Gameusersettings.ini
- At the bottom of both add these lines…
- [SystemSettings] r.MotionBlurQuality=0 // Gets rid of motion blur r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0 // Gets rid of chromatic aberration
- r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0 // Gets rid of DoF
- r.FastBlurThreshold=0 // Gets rid of more blur stuff
- r.BlurGBuffer=0 // Gets rid of more blur stuff
- Save it and save both files as READ ONLY
Tweaking these settings does improve the visuals, we’ve confirmed this on our own PC. For tips on handling Motion Blur on consoles, read on.
How to Toggle Motion Blur on Consoles
Unfortunately at the time of writing, there isn’t anything you can do about Motion Blur on consoles. A fix is on its way soon, which you can read about in the next section.
Is a Motion Blur Option Being Added?
As per a Reddit post from developer People Can Fly, a Motion Blur option is being added to all platforms. This is expected to arrive as part of a major update this week.
That’s all you need to know about toggling Motion Blur in Outriders. For more on the game be sure to check out our look at the Max World Tier in Outriders.