The developers have recently released Spongebob Squarepants movelist through social media. The post shows all of what he can do to fight off his foes in the upcoming Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl. So far, his moves are references to his iconic moments in the show he originated from.
Spongebob Squarepants Movelist
As seen in the game's official Twitter, the developers posted their first movelist reveal for Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl. The first movelist reveal was for Spongebob Squarepants and contains 17 moves for the character. Here are his moves as written in controls:
- Horizontal Punch - Light Attack
- Up Kick - Up+Light Attack
- Floor Sweep - Down+Light Attack
- Side Kick - In midair, Light Attack
- Up Kick(Air) - In midair, Up+Light Attack
- Down Swing - In midair, Down+Light Attack
- Spin Attack - While running, Light Attack
- Jellyfish Swing - Strong Attack
- Kah-rah-tay Uppercut - Up+Strong Attack
- Imagination Clap - Down+Strong Attack
- Aerial Jellyfish Swing - In midair, Strong Attack
- Kah-rah-tay Uppercut(Air) - In mid-air, Up+Strong Attack
- Imagination Kick - In mid-air, Down+Strong Attack
- Running Slip - While running, Strong Attack
- Bubble Blow - Special Attack
- Order Up - Up+Special Attack
- Chomp - Down+Special Attack
All The References In His Attacks
Most of Spongebob's attacks are in reference to his regular character in his source series who is a good-natured, fun-loving Krusty Krab frycook who loves jellyfishing and learned karate on the side. His love for jellyfishing is shown in his attacks that makes him swing his jellyfish catching net.
Meanwhile, his brief Karate training with Sandy Cheeks and his Imagination rainbow also shows up in some of his attacks. Lastly, Spongebob's skill in using Bubbles also doubles up as one of his special moves in the game. Spongebob's work as a frycook doesn't show up much but he does use his spatula as a helicopter which could be one of the ways he can return back to the platform after being knocked off in the fight.
As of now, the developers have yet to announce which character will be next to have their movelist revealed. It's possible that the other Spongebob Squarepants characters such as Patrick Star and Sandy Cheeks. Alternatively, the developers could also go reveal the main stars of their origin series to be next such as Danny Phantom, Invader Zim, Leonardo, and Lincoln Loud.
We'll have to wait for more reveals to know more about the game before its supposed release on October.