Amazon Games Studio has confirmed a list of bug fixes for the 21st of December, which look to fix a number of bugs that were brought forward with the recent December update, that saw the Winter Convergence added to the game.
This has been a common trend by AGS, to fix the larger patches shortly after their launch and players are happy to see some quick action and communication from the company, although there are still a number of large bugs in the game which have gone untouched for some time now.
Downtime for this patch will begin at 2 AM ET, 6 AEDT, 7 AM BST, or 8 AM CEST, and is estimated to be down for up to 3 hours.
Time until New World Update 1.2.1 downtime begins
New World Patch Planned To Fix A Number Of Bugs From The Recent December Update
"This week’s update is focused on resolving some of the issues that have arisen from our December Update. Our development team is continually working on improving the New World experience and they thank you all for your patience and reports that you continue to make on the official forums." The Patch Notes read.
New World Update 1.2.1 Patch Notes
- Restricted Coin Lockboxes earned from the Tree of Light to players level 15 and above to coincide with when Event Quests are enabled for players. This change was implemented to discourage bad actors from repeatedly creating new characters in an attempt to exploit the availability of coin.
- Reduced the amount of characters that can be created per day per account.
- Fixed an issue causing Azoth balances to not update after fast traveling or crafting. Azoth balances should now adjust to show the amount spent when traveling or crafting.
- Fixed an issue that caused potions to drop at multiple gear scores resulting in inventory stacking issues.
- To enable a level playing field for players, we reset the faction cooldown time for all players. Once players choose or change a faction the duration of the cooldown will be set to 60 days.
- Fixed an issue that occasionally caused the “Weavers Needed” Town Project mission for the Winter Convergence to not be completed if attempting to craft in Everfall.
The Winter Convergence is also now live, which is Aeternum's first look at a holiday-themed event, where players have a limited time to participate in new quests, and events to earn a unique currency and reputation in order to purchase limited-time armor sets and other rewards.
The Winter Convergence event began on the 14th of December and will run until January 1st, where the event will disappear until the following year, however, some of the ice caves will stick around throughout the island.