NBA 2K21 was already an excellent game, but 2K continues to tweak and improve it since launch – even on last-gen systems.
The latest update, #6, is now available for download on PS4 and Xbox One, as well as Steam. 2K says that Nintendo Switch and Stadia will get the update soon.
PS5 and Xbox Series S/X players, you get a separate patch. Find out the details here.
NBA 2K21 PS4 and Xbox One Update 6 Patch Notes
Patch notes as per 2K:
"A new update is now available for the current-gen version of NBA 2K21*! Today’s update brings new seasonal decorations for the Lunar New Year at 2K Beach as well as a number of updates for MyTEAM and additional fixes included to improve the overall experience of NBA 2K21 across all game modes."
- Come celebrate the Lunar New Year at 2K Beach with new seasonal decorations.
- Updated another set of player likeness for current NBA players.
- Updated soundtrack in 2K Beats.
- Disabled controller rumble for online play.
- The traveling Big Top has arrived at 2K Beach. Keep your eyes out in the coming weeks.
- Addressed a rare hang that could occur when starting a multiplayer match with a specific type of lineup
- Various other stability and performance issues have been addressed to further improve the overall experience
- Various non-gameplay updates in preparation for the MyTEAM Unlimited $250,000 Tournament on February 20th**. Watch games live with 2KStreamcast during the Tournament!
- *Update is available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Steam; will roll out to additional platforms at a later date.