NBA 2K22 is in full flow, with Season 1 drawing towards a close. So for those who are yet to reach the holy grail of Level 40, you better act fast.
But as always, where one season ends, another begins, and that will be the case later this week, with Season 2 coming to town.
There is plenty to delve into ahead the release, so without further ado, here is everything you need to know about Season 2 in NBA 2K22.
22 October 2021 -
Here's a first look at the games skeleton mascot, which is a new NBA 2K22 Season 2 reward for players who reach lvl 40!
10PM, 21 October 2021 -
There's not long to go now. According to the games most recent patch notes, the developers revealed that Season 2: Build Your Empire for NBA 2K22 starts this Friday, October 22nd, 2021 at 8AM PT / 11AM ET / 4PM BST.
If you're wondering when the new season begins, you can use the countdown clock (above) to see precisely how much time remains before the release of the new season.
5PM, 21 October 2021 -
Rebirth is a brand new quest that will be coming in Season 2, one which will allow you to fast track your way to the higher ratings in MyCAREER, well kind of.
You'll have to work your way to a 90 OVR in your first MyCAREER save, and when you've done so you will be able to head to the ATM by the NBA Store in order to pick up the Rebirth quest and unlock all the rewards that come with it.
If you want to know how to complete the Rebirth Quest, we've got all the details for you on the link.
9AM, 21 October 2021 -
The time has almost arrived, Season 2 of NBA 2K22 will arrive tomorrow.
The new season, entitled 'Build Your Empire' will land in the 2K servers on Friday, October 22nd.
Keep reading for everything you need to know.
What's New in NBA 2K22 Season 2
As promised, 2K announced the details for NBA 2K22 Season 2, including MyTeam mode, MyCareer, and a whole lot more.
- Wins in TTO will no longer subtract points from your opponent's points from your 100
- Adjusting the number of Ball Drops per win and loss for each tier
- Ball Drops may reward you with Event Cards for use in later events
- Each Unlimited tier has 16 games available
- New Showdown Tier unlocked after Galaxy, must get 65 out of 82 wins
MyTeam Season 2 Rewards
- Pink Diamond Kevin Garnett - Level 40 reward
- Pink Diamond Amar’e Stoudemire - Win NBA 75
- Pink Diamond Gary Payton - Unlimited
- Pink Diamond Caron Butler - Ascension Board
- Pink Diamond Ja Morant - Limited Board
- George Gervin - MyTeam Draft Ascension Board
Build Your Empire
- Logging into Season automatically earns you Michael Jordan to start earning XP as captain of your team.
NBA 2K22 Season 2 Domination
- NBA 75 Domination
Player Coach Cards
- Earn 3 stars in each NBA 75 game to get a Ruby Coach Card
- At the end of the Domination, you'll play three games against 50s-70s, 80s-90s, and 00s-20s All-Star teams for a chance to earn Diamond Coach Cards
MyTeam Season 2 Rewards: Pink Diamond Rewards
- Ja Morant by adapting & earning all 6 weekly Rings in Limited
- Caron Butler as the Grand Prize in Season Ascensions
- 'The Glove’ Gary Payton for completing the Galaxy Opal Tier of Unlimited
- Amar’e Stoudemire for getting 99 Stars in NBA 75 Domination
- And ‘The Iceman’ George Gervin in MyTEAM: Draft (with a new ticket added for all Draft players during Season 2)
Token Market rewards
- Pink Diamond Chris Mullin
- Diamond Bingo Smith
- Amethyst Montrezl Harrell
- Ruby Cole Anthony
20 October 2021 -
NBA 2K22 Season 2 is only a couple of days away, but there's still a lack of info about what the team is planning for the next chapter. Thankfully we now know when to expect details from 2K, who announced on Twitter that they'll be dropping details "tomorrow". This was posted at 12:00AM on October 20. So expect to see an official announcement on Season 2 on October 21.
NBA 2K22 Season 2 Release Date
With Season 1 of the NBA 2K22 campaign drawing to a close, it's time to start turning our attention towards the launch of Season 2.
Season 1: Call to Ball will end this Friday (October 22nd), but there will be no time to grieve for the loss, as Season 2 will take centre stage straight away.
As always, the season will run for six weeks, giving you until Friday, December 3rd to pick up the required XP to collect all of the Season 2 rewards.
We've not yet had the Season 2 rewards confirmed, although we are expecting to see MyCareer, Neighborhood and The City feature.
At the time of writing 2K has not shared a start time for the new season, but we suspect we'll learn more later this week.
NBA 2K22 Season 2 Rumours & Leaks
Call to Ball has been a huge success with the NBA 2K faithful, so we are expecting to see 2KSports ride the wave with another top-tier release.
We haven't had any official confirmation as to what the title of Season 2 will be, but as always, the rumour mill is rife.
As highlighted by our friends over at RealSport101, Season 2 of NBA 2K21 was titled: "NEXT IS NOW" but that was more to tie in with the release of the Next Gen consoles, so it's unlikely that we see 2KSports head down that avenue this year.
As far as the top-tiered, level 40 reward is concerned, plenty are hoping to see some form of mascot skin arrive. They were previously only available to purchase, but with 2K now a couple of months into action, we could well see the devs decide to start handing them out to those who grind the game.
But if we're being realistic, it's more likely that we see some form of hoverboard or similar arrive at the end of the Season 2 rewards list, it has been rumoured that we will see the mascot skins arrive as part of the Season 3 rewards, but that has yet to be confirmed.
We will undoubtedly see a new promotion or two find its way into the MyTEAM servers, with a spooky, Halloween themed set of cards likely to be on the agenda. Expect to see pack-based rewards for these cards land in the Season 2 rewards list.
NBA 2K22 Season 1 Locker Codes
And, as always, there will be plenty of Locker Codes that will become available throughout the course of Season 2 but you should make sure to grab the existing active NBA 2K22 Locker Codes for Season 1 before they expire.
What is a Locker Code you ask? Locker Codes are essentially strings of text-based codes that you can enter into the game in exchange for rewards you can use in MyTeam mode. The rewards come in many different forms, including Packs, Tokens, Players, MT, and more.
For all the information you need on NBA 2K22's Locker Codes, including all the active codes that you can redeem right now, head over to our Locker Code Hub.