The Tigrex can be a tough beast to go up against but this isn't out of the norm for Monster Hunter Rise. You'll have to watch out for its roars, these can deal heavy damage to the player and earplugs won't be any help, as well as that you'll need to dodge its charge attacks. Although it may seem like a pretty huge feat to defeat this monster, we can help you achieve just that, below we'll dive into everything you need to know.
Monster Hunter Rise Weaknesses
Tigrex's main form of weakness is thunder, you do not want to go into this fight with fire because it's basically pointless and won't do much to the beast at all. The next best element to use against a Tigrex is dragon, it won't pack as much of a punch as thunder and you'll be in for a tougher fight. The best area to attack will be its head, this deals massive damage in comparison to the rest of the body, the forelegs are also a viable option. You may even want to sever its tail as this is one of its main sources of heavy damage.
In regards to Ailments, you'll want to go in with Blast and Thunderblight, these have 2-star ratings with all others only having 1-star.
Tigrex can drop some really useful resource which you can put to good use crafting:
|Target Rewards||Capture Rewards||Broken Part Rewards||Carves||Dropped Materials|
- Tigrex will charge at its target constantly, any opportunity it can, it will do so about 2 or 3 times before stopping, keep an eye out though as he may suddenly stop and do a Spinning Tail Attack.
- When you see Tigrex lower its body get out of the way, this means that it's about to do a 360° tail swipe.
- If possible, do not stand behind the Tigrex, if you do so for too long it will swing its tail one way then the other and you don't want to get hit by that.
- As mentioned earlier a great way to lessen the abilities of this beast is to sever its tail, as you can see from the above tips, the majority of its damage is generated using its tail.
Weapons and Armour to Use Against the Tigrex
Given that the Tigrex is weak to Thunder and deals dragon, any of the following weapons and armour are a good way to go:
- Weapons - Zinogre Tree, Thunder Tree, Death Stench Tree
- Armour - Remobra, Upgraded Chainmail
If you follow this guide, chances are you'll defeat the Tigrex, if you don't that's okay, give it another go! Here you can find out how long it might take you to beat Monster Hunter Rise!