Infinity Ward’s rolling out a patch for Warzone and Modern Warfare, which can now be pre-loaded or downloaded fully on your platform of choice.
This update is coming on the week of the release of Black Ops Cold War, which is building up to be one of the best Call of Duty's in recent years.
Now, a new update is here and there is a lot to unpack.
Here are the patch notes!
Update 1.29 Patch Notes
This update has now made Warzone a fully independent game to Modern Warfare.
Overall file sizes are as follows:
- PlayStation 4: 33.2GB
- Xbox One: 33.2GB
- PC: 39.3GB
Infinity Ward has also optimised game files to reduce the overall size of the game by over 25GB.
Although it was appearing in the 'Message of the Day' that Cold War weapons would be added to Warzone on the 13th, expected to be part of this update, this is not the case. This was in fact an error.
- Ground War
- TDM Snipers Only
- Hardpoint Hills and Kills
- Shipment 24/7
- Shoot House 24/7
- BR Solos, Duos, Trios, Quads
- Plunder Trios
Private Warzone matches are now live! This requires various player counts to start the match and we have three modes available:
- BR - 50 players required to start (also has squad variations)
- Plunder - 30 players required to start (also has squad variations)
- Mini BR - 24 players required
- Fix for a bug where, when reviving a fallen teammate as the round ends in Survival, users can become stuck in third-person
- Fixed an issue where some players were seeing the error code: "HK:s=373408m=54293536:10635584"
- Fix for the Gaz Operator challenge where players are unable to complete the first objective in the Season 4 Gaz Operator Bundle Mission "win 3 Gulag fights as Gaz"
- Fix for an issue where officer challenges 90 - 100 have been resetting after completion, preventing players from getting the last Season 6 Emblem
- In the Safehouse Finale of SP, at the Killstreak Chopper checkpoint, when using the zoom button the camera will zoom in and out
- Players using the Juggernaut will not hear the drilling audio when hit by the Phlembotomizer throwing knife. This has been fixed
- Fixed a bug where the player could have the Spotter Scope effect when not ADSing with it by picking up 2 weapons while looking with the scope
- Fixed a bug where helicopters could spin and float in the air after progressing in Survival
- Fixes to help prevent players from going AFK in Gunfight
- LMGs, Sniper Rifles, and Marksmen Rifles will now rotate as intended in Gunfight
- Fix for an issue where players that die right before an HQ is disabled and watch the full killcam do not spawn in as intended
- M4 Tombstone: Fix for a bug where adding the .458 SOCOM or the 9mm Para 32-Round Mags removes them from the weapon model
- Tracer Pack: Sakura Edition- Maruyama - The dynamic icon appears to have a minor gap between the barrel and body of the weapon when the Compensator is equipped on the FTAC 13.5" Compact barrel. This has been fixed
- To help with patch sizes and disk space, high-resolution textures will now be downloaded while playing, using On-Demand Textures Streaming: On-Demand Textures Streaming is located in the Options, under the Graphics tab and in the Details & Textures section.
- It will only kick-in for users playing with Texture Resolution set to High.
- It streams textures for Operators and Weapons.
- You can control the daily texture streaming limit and the size of your cache
- You can learn more about Texture Streaming HERE
- Fix for a bug where a Premium user with only Warzone installed, can select a trial on an MP map, which can result in a crash
- Fix for a bug where PC players were able to select a custom loadout in Snipers Only
- Fixes for an issue where some Activision account names were being applied to different profiles in the friend's list
- Survival mode now has its own DLC package. To access Survival, a player has to install both Special Ops and Survival
- Fixes to help fight against weapon corruption while in Spectator mode
- The gas from the Gas Grenade can sometimes obscure or completely hide players from thermal scopes
- Fixed an exploit near the Lozoff Pass Metro Station
- Armored Royale: Fixed a bug where dropping a truck redeployment flare into the service entrance of the subway can cause the truck to parachute underground
- While in Plunder, players parachutes will now auto-deploy to help prevent against exploits
- Fix for an exploit with the Durable Gas Mask
- Fixed an audio bug where no overheat audio was playing when using the minigun on the helicopter
- When the player is using Bumper Ping as their button layout, the player will be unable to switch between the Gas Grenade and EMP Blast, resulting in them only able to use the gas grenade. This has been fixed
- When sitting in the passenger seat of a helicopter and using the minigun, priming a lethal while simultaneously switching seats will break the players ViewModel. This has been fixed
- Fix for a bug where players are unable to equip other War Tracks after selecting "Random"
- Removed Juggernauts from Bunker puzzles
These include changes not listed on the patch notes:
- Third-Person spectating
- Operator factions have been disbanded in the menus and now just appear as 'Modern Warfare Operators'
- RC-XD now appearing in Warzone
- Rebirth Leaderboards added
- Loadouts have been separated from Modern Warfare and Warzone
- New-generation enhancements