A new patch update has arrived for Modern Warfare for Xbox One, PS4 and PC owners of the full game.
A new LMG weapon has arrived called the KM9 Bruen, which was promised at the start of Season 3. We've also been given Gunsmith customs and a new contract in Warzone; along with the new armor satchel item.
You can also enjoy double XP this week to rank up fast and earn rewards from the battle pass.
Here are the details on the next update.
Update 1.20 Patch Notes
The update is now live across all platforms! Here's what has been updated:
- Modern Warfare
- Blueprint Gunfight
- Reinfected Ground War
- 3v3 Cranked Gunfight
- Shoot the Ship 24/7 (includes Cranked and Grind!)
- Solos, Trios, Quads
- Plunder Trios
- Most Wanted Contract – Instead of a random Operator being marked on your Tac Map, you are voluntarily putting a Bounty on yourself for any squad to see in Verdansk. Of course, this great risk does have some great rewards…
Data Pack Download
Today’s update includes a required download for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, about 15gbs, and is required to access Modern Warfare.
Once you install the patch and select a mode, (multiplayer, campaign, Special Operations, etc.), you will be brought to a game install menu. Here, you’ll need to download Data Pack 1 from this menu. Once the download is complete, you will need to hard close and reopen the game application.
- Added a Challenges tab to the main multiplayer screen for easier access
- Adjusting how the audio is played for the Precision Airstrike so it follows the plane more precisely
- Fixed a bug where players using KBM in Game Battles could make custom weapon blueprints that could also be used in multiplayer or Warzone.
- Currently, white text will appear when someone is speaking, regardless of team. Now, when someone is on an enemy team, their text will appear red.
- Fix for an exploit on Hackney Yard while playing Infected
- Fixed a bug that would prevent players from being able to melee an enemy while on top of an ATV
- Various out of bounds and exploit fixes
- After the last update, Talon’s character model appeared stretched with graphical corruption issues while in the squad walk. This has been fixed
- Fix for some Season 3 emblems appearing with incorrect text
- Fixed an issue with Kreuger’s eyes while completing a finishing move
- Fixed a bug where some watches were appearing in the wrong direction when gesturing
- Fixed a bug where players could lose the option to pick their favourite Faction in the Operator menu
- Fixed a bug where white lighting could be seen while moving or firing a weapon near specific locations
- Added a gamepad-only Deadzone option that allows players to adjust the inner range in which stick input will not be registered.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Party members from editing their CDL Loadouts when the CDL Quick Play Filter was active.
- Fixed an issue where the auto-run feature would stop when players opened their in-game text chat.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from zooming in/out on the Tac Map if Jump was bound on Mouse Wheel Up/Down.
- Fix for a bug where completing the completionist challenges for the SKS are unlocking the associated camos for the Renetti
- Fix for a bug where unlocking camos for the SKS was inconsistent with other camo challenges for marksman rifles
- Fixed a bug where the “Hard Wired” skin for Alex would appear in thermals while Cold Blooded is equipped
- The ability to view available XP tokens is not visible in the Warzone Menu. This has been fixed.
- After being brought back into the match, a player was in a state where they couldn't interact with the team’s loadout drop, and they had the revive prompt on them even though they were alive. This has been fixed
- Adjusted the speed and sizing of the circle
- We’ve added the cargo truck back into BR Solos with reduced turning speed, acceleration, and top speed
- Moved the scoreboard to be visible in the pause menu
- Fix for an issue where the After-Action Report was not displaying the total team earnings
- Fixed a bug where players were unable to equip Armor Plates while Dead Silence is activated
- New item – Armor Satchel – finding one of these allows you to carry up to 8 armor plates instead of 5. These drop on death and can be looted by other players. These do not contain any armor plates by default, only
- increase the player carry amount. Guaranteed reward upon completing Scavenger contracts (replaces Gas Mask as the guaranteed item)
- Gas mask will remain rare in loot and purchasable at the Buy Station.
- Plunder: Plunder Rating
- When you finish a match of plunder you’re now given a rating in the form of a coin. Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum and more! The more cash your team collected the cooler the coin. Get above 3.5 Million to find out the highest rating!
- Fix for a bug where selecting the USEF 1 skin for the Mil-Sim Operator appears as the default skin in Co-op
- The Munitions Shop can now be accessed while in the safehouse at the beginning of each Special Operation.
- Operation Crosswind: Fixed various situations where players could get stuck outside of the plane when the rest of the team regroups.
- Fix some rare instances where players in last stand could be revived, or have started a self-revive, but still bleed out anyway.
- Fix an instance where the player's revive icon color could quickly shift from blue to red after they had been successfully revived.
- Fixed players being able to exit a Juggernaut suit, and then gain the ability to revive others even if they themselves were in last stand.
- Operation Harbinger – Players can now exit the safehouse earlier and ‘capture’ the first intel item faster following the dialogue from Kamarov.
- Operation Harbinger - Fixed missing audio on the large cargo truck.
- Operation Crosswind - Fixed some instances of soldiers giving armored hitmarkers, but not having visible armor.
- Fixed an issue where a syringe could be seen floating while reviving a teammate.
- Fixed an issue with helicopter audio.
- Fix for a bug where players using a Vega64 GPU could see corrupted outlines around their character models and weapons.
- Fixed a crash that occurred to players using a GeForce 900 Series graphics card when they loaded the Crosswind Special Operations Mission.
How To Download
For this week’s update, owners of the full version of Modern Warfare will have two separate downloads in order to complete the update. Once the update is live, players will download the patch as normal.
Once that is completed, when an owner of the full version of Modern Warfare tries to access Multiplayer, Special Ops, or Campaign they will be prompted to download the Data Pack DLC.
During the Data Pack DLC download, you’ll have access to Warzone so, jump into a match of Battle Royale or Plunder.
When the download is complete, players must restart the game to access all modes of Modern Warfare. Free-to-play Warzone users will not have a secondary download to download the Data Pack DLC with this update.
New LMG Weapon - MK9 Bruen LMG
The third and final weapon for Season 3 is the MK9 Bruen LMG.
This high accuracy and reliable damage weapon can be acquired via the ‘Encryption’ bundle or by completing a challenge found in the Weapons menu.
Head to the LMG tab to find LMG Foxtrot and complete the associated challenge to earn the weapon or get the Legendary ‘The Glitch’ blueprint in the ‘Encryption’ bundle in the Store.
TheGamingRevolution has posted early gameplay footage.
The Gunsmith Customs update will allow you to mix and match attachments from blueprints of the same weapon to create epic hybrid blueprints that have unique looks, styles and capabilities.
This prized camo will be a challenge to earn but equip it in battle and your enemies will know an elite Tier One Operator is fighting on the other side.
Here's how to unlock Obsidian camo.
New Warzone Contract And Item
The new Most Wanted contract in Warzone allows you to make yourself a Bounty Target for all teams if you succeed you can earn a redeployment for all of your fallen teammates.
The new Armor Satchel item will also be added this week when equipped will give players the ability to carry 8 armor plates.
This bundle includes a Legendary ‘Firestarter’ skin for Krueger, the fiery Caldera Legendary blueprint, a new Finishing Move, flaming Throwing Knives to swap out your standard lethal equipment, and more.
Fire Claw III Bundle
Find the ‘Fire Claw III’ bundle in Store this week. The Legendary SMG ‘By the Toe’ is a striped masterpiece that’s highly capable of taking out your enemies.
The bundle is complete with a crown themed spray and tiger themed charm, so you’ll have the look to claw your way through the competition. Look for the ‘Fire Claw III’ bundle later this week.