The latest Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 update is live!
Treyarch released the latest Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 update on Monday, July 11th, in preparation for the release of the Descent DLC map pack, which is available now on PlayStation 4.
Even more notable than the expected map pack content, Update 1.13 offers a newly released game mode called Fracture, which sounds like a Kill Confirmed/CTF hybrid.
In Fracture, players must pick up files dropped by fallen enemies and deliver them to the “fracture” site. Depositing files at the site earns points for the player’s team. The first team to reach the score limit or the team with the most deposited files at the end of the time limit wins the match.
Another welcomed addition is PS4 Play Together which aims to allow players to send game invites to everyone in their PSN part chat.
Full patch notes can be found below.
Descent DLC 3 Map Pack Support
- Located far off the coast in the Dead Sea, an isolated compound holds some of the world’s most dangerous criminals in frozen isolation. Sentry towers keep watch over the small map’s circular design, as frenetic combat is funneled around the prison’s cryogenic tubes which offer plenty of opportunities for wall running attacks.
- Ancient sentinels from a lost civilization guard the entrance to Berserk, a Viking village frozen in time. Fight through blizzards and control the center bridge as you navigate this medium-sized map’s wooden buildings and craggy rock outcroppings.
- Fight it out among mechanized warriors in Rumble, and arena where giant robots battle to the roar of the crowd. The small-to-medium-sized map funnels high-speed combat to the central pit with tight corners throughout the exterior of the stadium.
- The fan favorite Call of Duty: Black Ops II Map, Raid, gets a fresh upgrade enhanced by the Black Ops III chained movement system. The classic medium-sized map features an authentic Roman villa recreated by a modern-day eccentric billionaire and mixed sight lines enable any style of gameplay.
- Gorod Krovi
- In the latest episode of the Zombies experience ‘Gorod Krovi’, the Origins characters are hurled into an alternate, war-torn Stalingrad where Element 115 has wreaked havoc over a battlefield littered with the remnants of a battle between mechanized soldiers and deadly dragons controlled by Group 935. Here, the Origins characters will face their most dangerous enemies yet.
- Players can now invite Players to a Group by searching for their Player ID.
- Added a “Republish to Group” button in Players’ Showcases to easily re-publish content to any Groups joined after the content was created.
- Increased maximum Group membership to 100,000 players.
- Updated Recent Public Groups and Friends Group to display whether or not the Group requires a Join Request (Public) or Group Invite (Private).
- When searching through Friends’ Groups, Players will now be able to view which of their friends belong to the listed Groups.
PS4 Play Together
- 1st party functionality to support the PSN Play together feature. Allows players in a PSN party to send an invite to all players in their party.
- COD Points are now available for purchase for the JP territory.
- Removed DLC 2 pre-order and Infinite Warfare pre-order (for JP only) from the In-Game Store.
Fracture (New Game Mode)
- Pick up core files dropped by fallen enemies and deliver them to the fracture site. Depositing the core files earns score for your team. The first team to reach the score limit or the team with the most deposited files at the end of the time limit wins the match.
- Fixed an issue where after completing a Daily Contract, if the user backed out of a match before it completed, they would receive a non-functional ‘Retry’ button in the Black Market. Users would not receive their Cryptokey reward until they completed another match.
- Fixed an issue where if a user redeemed all of their Weapon Bribes from their Season Pass purchase, they were prompted with a Purchase button which required an incorrect Cryptokey amount.
- Keyboard support implemented for CODCaster hotkeys.
- Fixed an issue where the x-ray effect would disappear after spectating a player that used Vision Pulse.
- Added a button to switch Team 1’s customization with Team 2’s.
- Added White and Black as usable custom colors.
- Team Identity now correctly disables Team logos only.
- Addressed an issue where the Final Killcam would occasionally show the incorrect player.
- Improved support to remove Team Icons from the start of rounds so they can be replaced by Caster Post Production Overlays.
- Included a Lobby Host setting to auto assign new players who join mid-match to CODCaster.
- Killfeed text for the darker Custom Colors, such as black, blue, and dark red, are now much more legible.
- Adjusted the timing for the finalizing of the match record to help eliminate data loss.
- Fixed an issue where CODcasters with Team Identity enabled would see “CDP/Black Ops Eliminated” when eliminating an enemy team on Search & Destroy matches.
- Fixed an issue where the CODcaster x-ray effect would unintentionally carry over to the Thermal optic attachment.
- Probation is no longer given to players who leave a match when outnumbered by 2 or more.
- Players will no longer lose stars below Rank 5.
- Players are now required to press “Find Match” in the Arena Post-Game Lobby to start matchmaking.
- New breadcrumb support added to Playlists, when new content or promotions are active.
- Fix for Energeon camos appearing in English in several languages.
- Fix for Lobby Leaderboards filtering to Friends Only.
- Fixed a couple issues with the After Action Report. One is the Cryptokey progress bar would not animate after a contract reward was earned, even if the Player earned additional Cryptokeys just from playing. The other issue was the appearance of negative Cryptokeys in the After Action Report.
- Fix for Players not getting awarded the correct Contract bonus and occasionally getting negative awards.
- Resolved an issue where picking up dropped weapons or the Uplink Satellite Drone would cause the player’s camera to jitter.
- Prophet’s Tempest will now only require 1 shot to kill an enemy with Kinetic Armor active.
- Prophet’s Tempest will now only require 1 shot to kill an enemy with Uplink Drone Armor active.
- Weapons customized in Gunsmith and assigned in Create-A-Class will no longer lose their camouflage after restarting the application.
- Reduced the weapon’s damage against Scorestreaks.
- G.I. Unit
- Resolved an issue where the robot would self-destruct shortly after landing.
- Players can now move freely after the round time limit has ended if the satellite drone is still in the air.
- Resolved an issue where the Safeguard robot’s walk animation would become corrupted at the start of a round.
- Fixed an issue where the bomb could be dropped out of the playable area during Search & Destroy, and wouldn’t return to its original position.
- Fixed a bug that caused attachment variants to change when Pack-A-Punching weapons.
- Added various alignment fixes for text notifications.
- Removed an incorrect “Personalize” prompt from the Weapon Kits Menu.
- Fixed a bug causing the revive icon to stick to the player’s HUD after a host migration.
Zetsubou No Shima
- Fixed an issue where the Thrasher’s stomach model would remain visible in the level after a Player had died while inside the stomach.
- Fix for Players repeatedly receiving the KT-4 from the Magic Box after losing the weapon.
- Addressed an issue where Players could make their way into unintended areas when using a Phoenix Up while inside the Thrasher’s stomach.
- Fixed an issue where Thrashers were unable to be killed at rounds higher than 150.
- Addressed an issue where Cymbal Monkeys obtained from upgraded Major Cache Plants would not explode or attract zombies.
- Fixed an issue where Players would unintentionally lose all their weapons if they attempted to pick-up the Masamune with a primary and secondary weapon equipped.
- Addressed an issue where the Skull of Nan Sapwe would automatically swap out during use.
- Fixed an uncommon issue where the Skull of Nan Sapwe would immediately swap out when switching to it.
- Fixed an issue where Players would lose their equipped weapon if they picked up Cymbal Monkeys from an upgraded Major Cache Plant.
- Addressed an issue where Players can get stuck in the coughing animation after being affected by spores in quick succession.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the user to be awarded a blank GobbleGum when completing an Easter Egg.
- Addressed a bug that allowed player control during the game over screen if they had been using a Der Wundersphere when the game ended.
- Resolved a split screen audio duplication bug.
Shadows of Evil
- Fixed a stability issue when hot joining a match in split screen while a ritual is active.
- Resolved a rare stability issue that occurs when activating rituals.
- Added a missing animation relating to reload of the Wunderwaffe DG2.
Dead Ops Arcade 2: Cyber's Avengening
- Addressed an issue with leaderboard corruption.
- Fixed an issue where skull/gem counts would display the incorrect amount in the in-game menu.
- Addressed an issue where Players were able to join a match in progress and receive a Leaderboard entry.
- Players will no longer get kicked from Dead Ops Arcade 2 matches with the “Game Settings have Changed” notification.
Descent is now available on PS4 for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 season pass holders or can be purchased separately. The DLC should arrive on Xbox One and PC within a month, but no specific date has been announced.
Keep up to date with all the latest gaming and eSports news via our Twitter: @Gfinity