Yes, mounts are FINALLY here, sort of.
They're currently live in the test branch with version v0.3.0.0.
The devs are looking for as much feedback as possible so be sure to relay your positive or constructive critisisms.
Here's all we know about horses in Medieval Dynasty.
Horse Reveal Teaser
Watch the below teaser to see what horses will look like in-game!
How To Join The Test Branch
Some players haven't tried the test branch before so here's a little guide.
You'll obviously need Medieval Dynasty in your library.
Follow the steps below to get into the test branch.
- Open your game library.
- Right Click on Medieval Dynasty there.
- Open properties.
- Select the tab "BETAS".
- Enter this password: 3v491vMVZnvp3
- Press CHECK CODE
- Use the drop down and select “public_beta - Public Beta Branch”*.
- Press Close
- Steam should now download this version of the game.
IMPORTANT! PLEASE SAVE YOUR LIVE VERSION SAVES GAME BEFORE ACCESSING THE BETA BRANCH!
In case something goes wrong you can find your saves in the directory below.
AppData > Local > Medieval_Dynasty > Saved > SaveGames
- New building - Stable.
- New animal - Horse.
- New feature - Horse Riding.
- New gameplay features - Challenges and Kings.
- New game character - Herald. An NPC who gives challenges.
- New harvesting tools - Stone Sickle and Iron Sickle.
- New equipment to craft for horse - Saddle, Horseshoes and three types of Saddlebags.
- New building on map - Stable in Hornica. (You can buy horses there from Leonard, but after the season changes on load game).
- A division into female and male animals in farm animals. (Some species currently lack male models, but still can reproduce).
- Farm animals can reproduce - there is a growing chance that the young will be born during the season change.
- Animals produce regeneratable resources like milk or wool during the season.
- More information about the animal has been added in the details window.
- Animals die of old age.
- The option to sell animals from the management list has been added. (You can mark them to be sold when the season changes).
- Player can place waypoint on map that is visible on compass.
- New Diplomacy skill progression - Each 10 coins earned in a single transaction adds 0.1 point to Diplomacy skill.
- Animals price is affected by talents.
- Poison reduction parameter is added to item description in inventory.
- Game settings that allows to change sprint and crouch from hold to toggle.
- Graphics settings for contact shadows.
- Map movement with gamepad.
- Sounds for Horses.
- Sounds for Sickle.
- New sounds for Knife.
- New sounds of skinning with knife.
- New switch sounds for Knife, Cudgel, Shovel, Spear, Bows, Axe and Crossbow.
- New swipe sounds.
- New sounds for arrows hitting the ground, iron, stone, and water.
- New sounds for all Spears.
- New sounds for Crossbow.
- New sounds for Throwing Rock.
- New sounds for the character breath and grunt.
- New sounds for Cudgel.
- Sheep fur is too dark.
- No fields in the Inspector Mode.
- Items that cause poisoning have a poison reduction.
- On item being broken, the "remove notification" doesn't show how many of it is still in the Inventory.
- Unlocking Resource Storage II shows notification about Excavation Shed II.
- Holstering hammer while building modification menu is open allows to pick modification mode without hammer in hand.
- If player was poisoned during save, after loading the game, the tutorial about poisoning shows up.
- Village demand for wood and food is 0.1 greater than it should be.
- Village details in Management tab are gone after assigning NPC to work/house and closing the NPC details.
- On starting new game keyboard arrows and gamepad d-pad are not responsive in the Main Menu until mouse clicking on window.
- Coins that are stolen are in separate stacks.
- Plants grow back on the roads.
- Teleporting to the other side of the bench (or stool) if the NPC stands up.
- NPCs are sitting in the air.
- NPCs are teleporting to the roof.
- Not all items needed from items restriction are displayed on event button.
- If inhabitant leaves player's village then the quest is not cancelled while it's impossible to complete.
- Baskets' names as an item and crafting recipe.
- With Miner talent rock deposits also drop more resources.
- Items of cost 0 are impossible to sell/buy.
- Fix for various generated quests where player must talk to other NPC.
- Number of seeds/fertilizer not being correctly displayed in HUD quickslot after using a bag.
- No notification if there are no free save slots left.
- If one stack of item is going to spoil then all other stacks of the same item are going to be spoiled.
- Blood decal visibility on tools / weapons.
- Farm animals in neighbor villages are not saved in the file.
- After putting up a fence or a road, the whole terrain turns into a desert.
- Blood particles has abnormal physics inside buildings.
- Spoiled milk has no capacity so it can't be emptied.
- Talent "Good host" increases Dynasty Reputation from quests but the "Say my name" talent should do it.
- New Game Customization sliders are not working on keyboard and gamepad.
- Extraction talents stacks resets on weapon holster/quickslot change.
- Scythe recipe should be in Smithy II.
- Unassigning animal from home doesn't refresh it's state on the main list.
- Buckets with milk with capacity less than full cost 0 coins.
- Wrong material type in Goose House's roof causing wrong sounds to be played.
- If last active quest is failed then the quest tracker keeps showing the name of that quest.
- Tutorial cards can display under HUD tutorial. (The one after first talk with Uniegost)
- Empty dialogue box in "Have you heard of the trading village?" quest.
- Some dialogues referred to the player character as "young man" even if he is older.
- Spelling error in Karolina's dialogue during Uniegost quest.
- Wrong materials for wooden roof construction in Woodshed and Hunting Lodge.
- "Time to hunt" quest.
- Repeating animals in hunting quests.
- Event generation where the Mood was taken into account had wrong values.
- Male NPC name "Herald" changed to "Harald".
- A sheared sheep becomes unshaven after loading the game from file.
- Bypassing the blockade of dialogue options (approval / affection) by saving and loading the game.
- If player is in the Inspector Mode and enters any menu, then releases Inspector button, the Inspector Mode won't turn off after leaving the menu.
- Animals can be assigned to buildings that are already full.
- Armor items that give 0 cold/heat protection don't display this value in the item description.
- Incorrect tools position for old characters.
- Killed farm animals, after loading the game, give the impression of being alive. Fear the living dead!
- After shooting a fish with a bow, if the arrow breaks, the fish disappears.
- Killing a fish don't award Hunting skill.
- Hitting faster with a Hammer after using fists.
- Damage for thrown Spears should be now properly calculated. (They had 2x bigger damage)
- Sheared sheep still have wool when watched from afar.
- Increased Building Limits for the Settlement, Village, Town, and City Development statuses.
- Field Workers now take the Seeds and Grains from a chest in Barn.
- Changed values for few last buildings in Farming technology - Barn III and Food Storage III.
- Minimal items weight is now 0.01 (so items like arrows are now heavier).
- Changed look of item description in inventory and trading.
- Rendering optimization.
- Visibility of ghosts during construction and destruction is limited by range.
- French Language.
- Turkish Language.
- Ukrainian Language.
- Hungarian Language
- Russian Language
- Only player's villagers are visible on map. (Other NPCs are visible only if they have a quest/are target of talk goal).
- Systems optimizations.
- Field management colors should now be better for people with colorblindness.
- In building assignments tab the hotkeys for increasing or decreasing power can now be held so the values will keep changing.
- Zooming map with mouse wheel.
- Traps are also visible in "main" Map category.
- Increased and unified Buckets weight.
- Buying animals system is now like assigning them to building through animal details.
- Temporarily item's capacity is not taken into consideration while calculating item price.
- Character optimizations.
- More rocks and low foliage on the terrain, mainly in mountains.
- Increased some resources amount required for Lavish Meal quest.
- Some NPCs from villages wearing profession clothes. (In New Game)
- Moving and zooming Map using mouse.
- Throwing Rocks auto equip on throw, like spears.
- Size and look of inputs on UI.
- Filling the Bucket with water automatically reequips another Bucket.
- Threshing floor workbench has an improved model.
- Animals in Knowledge.
- Fishing spear damage is now reduced.
- Animals can now take fall damage.