Marvel's Avengers has lofty plans for post-launch support, with all of its upcoming heroes and missions being released for free to all players (other than Spider-Man, who will be a PlayStation exclusive).
The first heroes we'll be getting to grips with will be Hawkeye and... well, Hawkeye.
That's because we'll be able to step into the spandex of Clint Barton and Kate Bishop, two versions of the archery-enthusiast/superhero.
Here's all we know about the pair.
Marvel's Avengers Hawkeye DLC: Everything We Know So Far
PlayAvengers on Twitter has finally announced the release date for the Hawkeye DLC!
Players can grab the new DLC on March 18th, 2021.
Hawkeye's story brings us face to face with a possible future where all hope is lost. With his bow and sword at his side - and the help of the rest of the Avengers - Clint must stop an invasion that would turn the world to ruin.
Hawkeye will be available on March 18.
Here's all we know about Kate's moves:
- Intrinsic: Teleportation allows Kate to get closer to enemies
- Intrinsic Block: Teleport away from attacking enemies
- Movement: Double jump and air dash
- Ranged Attacks: Rapid-fire arrows (Razor), Scatter Shot arrows, explosive arrows and smokescreen arrows.
- Heroic Support: Spawns a decoy that distracts enemies. Upgrades allow Kate to swap places with the decoy or detonate it.
- Heroic Assault: Fire an arrow forward and teleport to it, creating an explosion and sending enemies flying.
- Heroic Ultimate: Quantum Overdrive gives unlimited bow energy for a period of time
Check out Clint's abilities below:
- Intrinsic: sidestep enemy attacks and parry with an arrow
- Dead Eye: Focus on a single target for increased damage
- Ranger's Momentum: Snap to targets
- Multiple arrow types:
- Grapple Arrows let Clint traverse the environment with ease and is also an intrinsic heavy attack, reeling into enemies before slashing them with his sword
- Boomerang Arrows seek out targets before returning
- Implosion Arrows cluster enemies together or draw them away from you
- Tripwire Arrows stagger weaker enemies and push back larger foes with a spread of projectiles tethered together with energy
- Parry enemies with Rocket Arrows, which attach to targets, sending them airborne
- Pulsar Arrows attach to surfaces and build up energy before exploding. The more they build up, the bigger the boom!
You can check out the Kate Bishop trailer below:
Clint Barton's cinematic introduction is below, too:
War Table Stream
Check out the most recent War Table stream below:
Where Have They Been?
Having been absent throughout the main game's campaign, you'd be forgiven for wondering just what the pair have been up to.
In the Kate Bishop trailer, it's revealed that she and Barton were trying to track down Nick Fury in the aftermath of the main campaign's inciting incident - A-Day.
It also looks as though Barton could be in cahoots with Monica Rappacini, one of the campaign's antagonists, but we remain sceptical that we'll spend any time playing as a villain.