Building upon their previous success, Riot Games has announced Legends of Runeterra: A Curious Journey, marking the latest expansion for this acclaimed strategy card game.
There's a lot to unpack within this new set. Featuring new cards and keywords, there's also an arcade battle event that gives players the chance to beat Final Boss Veigar, earning his skin.
A Curious Journey will conclude Ava’s journey, hence the sense of finality with this fight. That brings 48 new cards, four of which are new Champions, and Keywords that should help change the tide of battle.
Legends of Runeterra: A Curious Journey Expansion Announced by Riot Games
Here's all of the new content coming to Legends of Runeterra: A Curious Journey, as confirmed by Riot Games:
A Curious Journey - New Cards
Fans can check out all of the 48 new cards coming to Legends of Runeterra: A Curious Journey on the links below:
A Curious Journey - New Keywords
A Curious Journey adds two new keywords, Attach and Formidable. We've outlined what those do below:
- Attach: Support your units in an entirely new way with Attach! Units with Attach can be played on the board as a normal unit, or can Attach to an allied unit, providing that unit with the attached unit’s stats and keywords, amongst other bonuses depending on the card. Using Attach counts as targeting an allied unit and triggers effects like Fated, providing even more power!
- Formidable: Formidable units turn bulk into brawn, and Strike using their current Health instead of their Power. Because they’ll get worn down through clashing with enemy units, be sure to keep Formidable units healthy to make the most out of them!
Who Are A Curious Journey's New Champions?
Riot Games has confirmed four new champions are joining the latest expansion, offering this outline.
- Gnar: Gnar is Legends of Runeterra’s first champion to have the ability to transform between Level 1 and Level 2. Draw cards in his curious Level 1 form, and smash the enemy Nexus by swapping to Level 2!
- Yuumi: One of the most unique support champions to date, Yuumi brings a new dimension to the game by being playable as a normal unit, or Attaching to an allied unit to grant them bonus stats and abilities.
- Udyr: Udyr brings the wild spirits of the Freljord to swap stances and grant him and his allies powerful buffs. The team also had an opportunity to bring a unique perspective to his design, which you can learn more about here!
- Galio: Demacia’s vigilant protector, Galio might not have a lot of power, but he grants his allies additional health and makes full use of his bulk with the new Formidable keyword, taking down large foes by using his health as power.
Arcade Battle Event & Final Boss Veigar
Riot Games confirmed there'll be an Arcade Battle Event, promising new boss skins. There's also a purchasable event pass with a new PvE addition, and anyone who completes it can fight a "super-powered" AI version of the final boss, Veigar, for an in-game skin.
Release Date and Platforms
Legends of Runeterra: A Curious Journey launches today - February 16, 2022 - for both PC and mobile devices. As for specific times, this expansion goes live worldwide at 11am PT / 2pm ET / 7 pm GMT / 8pm CET.
Stay tuned for more Legends of Runeterra updates.