Riot Games recently confirmed the release of Akshan in League of Legends with the 11.15 update. Additionally, the developers had also confirmed that the new champion will be making his way into Wild Rift, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra as well. However, the dates for these releases were unknown before this point in time.
Having said that, Riot Games has confirmed the release of Akshan across all the aforementioned games during the course of Rise of the Sentinels franchise event.
Akshan's release dates
Given that Akshan will be arriving on four different games within a short span of time, Riot Games has ensured that his release in a specific game doesn't coincide with a different title. Having said that, here are the games along with the dates on which Akshan will be released.
- Legends of Runeterra - July 14
- Teamfight Tactics - July 21
- League of Legends - July 22
- League of Legends: Wild Rift - July 27
With that in mind, Legends of Runeterra is going to be the first game in which Akshan makes an appearance, followed by Teamfight Tactics, LoL, and Wild Rift.
New skins for Akshan
To celebrate the release of this new champion, the developers have also revealed two skins for Akshan. While the Cyber Pop Akshan skin has already been revealed for League of Legends, the developers have also confirmed a Battle Academia Akshan skin for LoL: Wild Rift.
These new skins are scheduled to release along with the new champion's introduction in the respective games.
Riot Games Social Impact Fund
As had already been confirmed by Riot Games, the Sentinels of Light event will feature multiple ways to support local nonprofit organisations and their communities. The company is committing $1 million to the Riot Games Social Impact Fund while also inviting players to nominate an organisation or cause area for grant funding.
Having said that, here are the various initiatives that have been implemented by Riot Games across all their major titles,
- Sentinels Initiative - Players can nominate a nonprofit or cause area for a chance to win $10,000 for charity from the Riot Games Social Impact Fund.
- League of Legends - From July 8 to August 9, Riot will contribute 100% of proceeds from the Sentinel Olaf skin charity bundles and select related items to the Riot Games Social Impact Fund in partnership with ImpactAssets.
- In-Game Challenges: Riot is committing $1M to the Riot Games Social Impact Fund and will increase their donation incrementally (up to $4M total) as players complete in-game challenges across LOR, WR and TFT.
Legends of Runeterra: Complete a Sentinels event pass level in LOR to contribute a point to our Charity Drive Pool (July 14 - August 11)
Wild Rift: Earn a Sentinels HQ level in WR to contribute a point to our Charity Drive Pool (July 9 - August 10)
Teamfight Tactics: 3-star any unit to contribute to our Charity Drive Pool. 1-3 cost units are worth 1 point, 4 cost units are worth 2 points, and 5 cost units are worth 5 points. (July 8 - August 9)
For every 1 million points that the global community contributes to the drive pool, Riot will donate an extra $100K—up to an extra $3M max.