The League of Legends Patch Notes 12.7 are here, with a fair few tweaks being made to a number of champions. It's the time of the Mid-Season Invitational, so a lot of this patch's changes are being made to allow a wider selection in the professional scene.
That's not to say you need to look away if you're just playing on ladder, though! Some of your favourite champions are getting buffed and nerfed, and the changes made here will be tweaked in the next patch if necessary.
There's also a handy selection of skins and item changes, along with a host of quality of life and bug fixes. Read on for the full League of Legends Patch Notes for Patch 12.7!
League of Legends Patch 12.7 Release Date
League of Legends Patch 12.7 is set to release on Wednesday April 13. Get your Jayce rounds in before then, as his nerfs will hit his durability and make him a whole lot squishier. Hopefully, the meta will be slightly more balanced in the coming weeks, though!
League of Legends Patch 12.7 Full Patch Notes
Here's what you're after. Check out all the new changes in League of Legends for Patch 12.7.
Patch 12.7 Notes
You'll never see it coming, it's patch 12.7!
In this round of patch notes you may notice that some of our changes explicitly mention pro play. This is because MSI is right around the corner and is set to be played on patch 12.8! We’re aiming to shake up the meta a bit to allow for some more diverse picks in 12.7 and 12.8, but we’re introducing some spicier changes in 12.7 so that we can make additional adjustments in 12.8 if needed.
In this edition of patch notes, we’re buffing some underpowered champs like Pantheon and Wukong, dropping some nerfs on stronger items like Galeforce and Winter’s Approach, and releasing some out-of-this-world Arcana skins!
MSI isn’t the only pro play happening soon. You can catch the TFT patch notes, where we’ll be going over the patch that Worlds will be played on!
Lilu “Riot Riru” Cabreros
Jina "ahrisoo" Yoon
Paul "RiotAether" Perscheid
- Passive burn base damage increased late. W mana cost decreased.
Gangplank is arrrguably struggling at all levels of play. He's already got enough gunpowder in his Q and barrels, so we're putting some power into less explosive and more… orange… parts of his kit.
- Passive - Trial by Fire
- Burn Base Damage :: 55-225 (levels 1-18) >>> 55-310 (levels 1-18)
- W - Remove Scurvy
- Mana Cost :: 80/90/100/110/120 >>> 60/70/80/90/100
- E cooldown refund increased. R cooldown decreased early.
Gwen's been hanging by a thread after her most recent nerfs, so we're stitching her up with some cooldown buffs that should help her across all skill levels. Needle-ss to say, we don't think these changes will fully address her issues, but we're being extra careful considering her pattern of dominating Pro.
- E - Skip 'n Slash
- Cooldown Refund Upon First Basic Attack :: 50% >>> 60%
- R - Needlework
- Cooldown :: 120/100/80 seconds >>> 100/90/80 seconds
- Base health, health growth, and armor adjusted.
Jayce has also been a popular pick in Pro. We're lowering his laning power by making him squishier early on, but increasing his growth to make sure he still scales to late game.
- Health Growth :: 90 >>> 95
- Health :: 560-2090 (levels 1-18) >>> 520-2135 (levels 1-18)
- Base Armor :: 27 >>> 22
- Armor Growth :: 3.5 >>> 3.8 <em>(armor at level 18 unchanged)</em>
- Base mana, move speed, and attack speed growth increased.
Kalista still has yet to be seen in Pro this season, and is generally weak in all levels of play. We're buffing some of her baseline stats which should especially help her out in Average play. Super speedy spooky spears incoming.
- Base Mana :: 250 >>> 300
- Move Speed :: 325 >>> 330
- Attack Speed Growth :: 4% >>> 4.5%
- Q damage against monsters increased.
While the Deathsinger remains powerful in bot lane, his voice has been faltering in the jungle. We're amping up his clear strength to bring jungle Karthus back from the dead.
- Q - Lay Waste
- Damage Against Monsters :: 85% >>> 95%
- Base AD decreased. Q base damage decreased.
We're looking (no pun intended) to bring down Lee Sin's jungle clear speed and early game threat in order to reduce his impact on Pro play. We're targeting his base damage instead of his cooldowns to ensure his passive's rhythm remains the same.
- Base AD :: 68 >>> 66
- Q - Sonic Wave / Resonating Strike
- Sonic Wave Damage :: 55/80/105/130/155 (+100% bonus AD) >>> 50/75/100/125/150> (+100% bonus AD)
Resonating Strike Minimum Damage :: 55/80/105/130/155 (+100% bonus AD) >>> 50/75/100/125/150 (+100% bonus AD)
Resonating Strike Maximum Damage :: 110/160/210/260/310 (+200% bonus AD) >>> 100/150/200/250/300 (+200% bonus AD)
- Passive healing against champions increased. W base damage increased.
We're giving Lillia some more scaling sustain with her AP builds while also boosting her early jungle clear. These buffs should give her W damage a bit more <em>oomph</em>—or rather, <em>eep!</em>
- Passive - Dream-Laden Bough
- Healing Against Champions :: 12-140 (levels 1-18) (+12% AP) >>> 12-140 (levels 1-18) <strong>(+20% AP)</strong>
- W - Watch Out! Eep!
- Damage :: 70/90/110/130/150 (+35% AP) >>> 80/100/120/140/160 (+35% AP)
- W passive base damage and move speed increased.
Neeko's been hidden from Pro play despite being a strong tomato in solo queue. Her on-hit build was quite popular in past metas, so we're bringing it back to lure the Curious Chameleon out of hiding!
- W - Shapesplitter
- Passive Bonus Magic Damage :: 50/70/90/110/130 (+60% AP) >>> 50/80/110/140/170 (+60% AP)
- Passive Bonus Move Speed :: 10/15/20/25/30% >>> 10/17.5/25/32.5/40%
- Base health regen decreased. Tap Q range and width increased. E self-slow no longer applies when moving backwards. R crash now lands faster.
Pantheon hasn't been living up to his Spartan spirit, so we're sharpening his spear to make him feel more like the paragon of Rakkor warriors. Skilled Pantheon players should now be able to showcase their strength with more timely ults, more maneuverable shields, and better trading tools.
- Base Health Regeneration :: 9 >>> 7.5
- Q - Comet Spear
- Tap Q Length :: 550 units >>> 600 units
- Tap Q Width :: 150 units >>> 120 units
- E - Aegis Assault
- [REM] STEADFAST SHIELDING: Pantheon is no longer slowed if moving backwards while E - Aegis Assault is active
- R - Grand Starfall
- [UPD] CRASH LANDING ON YOU: Pantheon now crashes down on his destination 0.25 seconds sooner
- Q bonus damage against structures reduced. W bonus damage against monsters increased.
Rengar's become a serious destroyer of structures after his most recent changes. This is a new and flexible strength in his kit that we want to preserve, but he's taking down those (scratching) towers a bit too fast, so we're tapping down the damage on that part of his Q. We're also bumping up his damage against monsters to compensate for some of the clear speed he lost because of the changes to Q against plants last patch.
- Q - Savagery
- [NEW] KITTEN MITTENS: Q - Savagery's bonus damage is reduced by 40% against structures
- W - Battle Roar
- Bonus Magic Damage Against Monsters :: 65-130 (levels 1-18) >>> 85-150 (levels 1-18)
- Fixed a bug where Gromp did not grant Rengar a stack of Ferocity.
- Q damage AP ratio increased; bonus mana ratio decreased.
Ryze's tank builds make him a safe yet potent split pusher by allowing him to stack health while dealing carry levels of damage, making him particularly lethal in Pro play. The mid-patch 12.5 nerfs didn't quite do the job at refining his hypercarry identity, so we're shifting his mana scaling to incentivize him to build a few more AP items before stacking health items like Winter’s Approach (which will also be receiving nerfs this patch) .
- Q - Overload
- Magic Damage :: 70/90/110/130/150 (+45% AP) (+3% bonus mana) >>> 70/90/110/130/150 (+50% AP) (+2% bonus mana)
- Q cooldown decreased. W cooldown decreased late; dash can now go through terrain. E AP ratio and damage against monsters increased.
Wukong hasn't been seen in Pro much despite having a theoretically good matchup into meta staples like Jayce and Graves. We're helping him claim his place in top lane while also reinvigorating jungle Wu so he can be a viable counter or flex pick.
- Q - Crushing Blow
- Cooldown: 9/8.5/8/7.5/7 seconds >>> 8/7.5/7/6.5/6 seconds
- W - Warrior Trickster
- Cooldown: 20/19/18/17/16 seconds >>> 20/18/16/14/12 seconds
- [NEW] TO THE WINDOWS, THROUGH THE WALLS: Wukong can now dash through terrain using <strong>W - Warrior Trickster<strong>
- E - Nimbus Strike
- Magic Damage: 80/110/140/170/200 (+80% AP) >>> 80/110/140/170/200 (+100% AP)
- Bonus Magic Damage Against Monsters :: 50% >>> 80%
- Base health increased. R cooldown decreased early.
Despite my match history, Yasuo and Yone have been relatively weak (and the sustain nerfs in 12.6 didn’t do them any favors either). Rather than increasing their damage, we're giving the wind brothers more opportunity to flex their skills. For Yasuo, we're increasing his early combat durability and ability to synergize with teammates during laning phase.
- Health :: 490 >>> 520
- R - Last Breath
- Cooldown: 80/55/30 seconds >>> 70/50/30 seconds
- R cooldown decreased late.
Yone is also getting more access to his ult, but with a focus on late game which is when it's usually harder for him to close gaps (unless he's already extremely far ahead).
- R - Fate Sealed
- Cooldown: 120/100/80 seconds >>> 120/90/60 seconds
- Base AD, AD growth, and armor decreased; health growth increased. Q base damage decreased, AD ratio increased; now applies on-hit effects only once per cast; now grants at most one R stack and E cooldown reduction once per cast, but crits can grant one more of each. W base damage decreased, AD and AP ratio increased. E cooldown increased early and decreases with rank again. R cooldown increased early and decreased late.
Zeri, Zeri, you’ve been a little too unfair-y. Despite the nerfs in previous patches, Zeri has been shockingly resilient and continues to dominate Pro play. With this round of nerfs, we’re aiming to bring her bruiser build more in line with her crit build, as well as make her stacks and on-hits more predictable. This should give enemies more time to catch Zeri before she starts zipping circles around them.
- AD Growth: 2 >>> 1.5
- Attack Damage: 53-87 (levels 1-18) >>> 50-75.5 (levels 1-18)
- Base Armor: 22 >>> 20
- Health Growth: 90 >>> 95
- Health at Level 18: 2030 >>> 2115
- Q - Burst Fire
- Total Physical Damage :: 10/15/20/25/30 (+110% total AD) >>> 7/9/11/13/15 (+110/112.5/115/117.5/120% total AD)
- [UPD] ONCE UPON A CAST: <strong>Q - Burst Fire</strong> now only applies on-hit effects once per cast
- [UPD] NOT SO FAST :: Zeri can now only gain one stack of R - Lightning Crash and one instance of E - Spark Surge cooldown reduction per Q - Burst Fire cast (excluding critical strikes)
- [NEW] DOUBLE THE SHOCK: Critical strikes on Q - Burst Fire grant Zeri an additional R - Lightning Crash stack and an additional instance of E - Spark Surge’s cooldown reduction (at most two procs per cast: one for Q upon hitting a champion and another if it crits on a champion)
- W - Ultrashock Laser
- Magic Damage :: 40/75/110/145/180 (+100% total AD)(+60% AP) >>> 10/45/80/115/150 (+120% total AD)(+70% AP)
- E - Spark Surge
- Cooldown: 23 seconds >>> 28/26.5/25/23.5/22 seconds
- R - Lightning Crash
- Cooldown: 100/90/80 seconds >>> 120/95/70 seconds
Abyssal Mask has taken a back seat to Force of Nature in terms of magic resist options this season. We’re buffing Abyssal Mask’s passive, Unmake, to help it stand out as an aggressive tank option which will help unmake your enemies’ MR.
- Unmake Magic Resist Reduction: 5 (+1% bonus health), capped at 20 >>> 5 (+1.2% bonus health), capped at 25
Galeforce has been the go-to marksman mythic for a while now and has made hypercarries like Jinx and Aphelios a bit too safe in Pro play. We’re increasing Galeforce’s active cooldown to give opponents larger windows to punish scaling marksmen before they reach their endgame.
- Active Cooldown: 90 seconds >>> 110 seconds
Moonstone has been eclipsing the other enchanter support options. It offers a little too much sustain with relatively little risk, so we’re tuning down the bonus shields and heals to bring it in line with other enchanter mythic items.
- Bonus Heal and Shield Power Per Stack: 7% (maximum 35% at 5 stacks) >>> 6% (maximum 30% at 5 stacks)
Umbral Glaive hasn’t been living up to its fantasy of blacking out opponents’ maps. We’re implementing some buffs to make it a better option for supports building lethality and roaming assassins looking to be a tad sneakier.
- Total Cost: 2400 gold >>> 2300 gold
- Combine Cost: 600 gold >>> 500 gold
- Blackout Cooldown: 45 seconds >>> 35 seconds
Winter may be over for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, but Winter’s Approach is still the premier choice for mana tanks and a few mages, despite being a scaling item. We’re increasing its cost to make it less appealing as a first purchase.
- Total Cost: 2600 gold >>> 2700 gold
- Combine Cost: 1000 gold >>> 1100 gold
- Health: 400 >>> 350
- BUGFIX : Fixed a bug where Fimbulwinter's base shield did not properly update with champion level
Time Warp Tonic
Time Warp Tonic provides its users too much safety versus divers. Combined with the generic sustain power of Corrupting Potion, this often means ranged champions that want to play safe… always stay safe. We’re diluting the tonic a bit by taking out some of its special safety syrup making it easier to punish.
- Immediate Health & Mana Restoration: 50% >>> 30%
- Bonus Move Speed: 5% >>> 4%
- Illaoi: -5% Damage Dealt >>> -5% Damage Dealt, -5% Damage Taken
- Nunu & Willump: +8% Damage Dealt, -8% Damage Taken >>> +8% Damage Dealt, -8% Damage Taken, +20% Healing, +20% Shielding
- Kai'Sa: +5% Damage Dealt >>> Normal
- Kog'Maw: -10% Damage Dealt, +8% Damage Taken >>> -12% Damage Dealt, +10% Damage Taken
- Soraka: -20% Healing
- Xerath: -5% Damage Dealt, +5% Damage Taken >>> -10% Damage Dealt, +5% Damage Taken
- Maokai: -15% Damage Dealt, +10% Damage Taken, -40% Healing >>> -20% Damage Dealt, +5% Damage Taken, Normal Healing
Mythic Content Overhaul
Hot on the heels of last patch's Phase 1 launch, we're heading into Phase 2 of the Mythic Content Overhaul! This patch, we're introducing an infinitely repeatable rewards track for Masterwork Chests. Any Masterwork Chest you open grants progress on the rewards track, regardless of whether you bought it, earned it as a reward, or received it as a gift. In addition, since we've adjusted random Mythic Essence drops from Masterwork chests from 10 ME to 5 ME, we won't revert last patch’s buff to ME—it'll remain at a 4.2% drop rate.
- 5 MASTERWORK CHESTS: 5 Mythic Essence and 1 skin shard of any tier
- 10 MASTERWORK CHESTS: 5 Mythic Essence
- 15 MASTERWORK CHESTS: 5 Mythic Essence and 1 975 RP+ tier skin shard
- 20 MASTERWORK CHESTS: 5 Mythic Essence
- 25 MASTERWORK CHESTS: 5 Mythic Essence and 1 1350+ tier skin shard
We're also introducing two adjustments to the Masterwork system relative to our original plan. Our original model would've led to Masterwork Chests granting more Mythic Essence than the new system has been tuned to support, and we felt it'd be better to do these changes now rather than later.
- BOX IN A BOX: Masterwork Chests no longer have a 10% chance to drop a bonus Masterwork Chest and Hextech Key
- RANDOM MYTHIC ESSENCE DROPS FROM MASTERWORK CHESTS: 10 Mythic Essence >>> 5 Mythic Essence (Hextech Chests still drop 10 ME)
- SILVER LINING: The above changes mean we no longer need to revert last patch's buff to Mythic Essence drop rates from Masterwork Chests (4.2%, up from 3.6%)
We'll be following up soon with the other half of Phase 2, our first Showcase Milestone release!
Ranked Season 2022 Split 2 Start
Get ready, because the second Split of Ranked begins on Friday, April 22 at 11:59 p.m. local time for your region! The exclusive rewards for Split 2 are a Renata Glasc summoner icon, Renata Glasc emotes, 1 Renata Glasc Champion permanent, and a Series 1 Eternals Capsule.
Team formation for the Clash Piltover Cup begins on April 11, and the tournament begins on April 16 and 17! Team formation for week 2 of the cup will start on April 25 with the tournament days being April 30 and May 1.
Bugfixes & QoL Changes
- Fixed a bug where Orianna’s R - Shockwave would sometimes originate from Orianna despite just having moved her ball to an ally with E - Command: Protect
- Fixed a bug where Kled could use Hextech Flashtraption to change directions during his R-Chaaaaaaaaaarge!!!
- Fixed a bug where Sylas’ ultimate would not revert back to R-Hijack if he died with Vex’s ultimate, R-Shadows Surge, on its kill reset cooldown
- Fixed a bug that caused Tibbers and Daisy to walk away when hit by abilities and effects that reduced armor or magic resist
- Fixed a bug where Warwick’s Q-Jaws of the Beast would sometimes have no cooldown if it killed a target
- Fixed a bug where sound effects were playing from the Fog of War despite no having visibility of the item effect/champion ability that triggered the sound effect
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused Aatrox’s voice lines to not play (there goes the silence of annihilation)
- Fixed a bug where Akshan’s second attack would gain 2 stacks of Lethal Tempo
- Fixed a bug where Tahm Kench could R - Devour an ally champion from a bush and, upon being spat out, the champion would be invisible to enemy players
- Fixed a bug where the cooldown indicators on certain items (Redemption, Youmuu’s Ghostblade, and Knight’s Vow) would not accurately reflect the item’s actual cooldown timer
- Fixed a bug in Treasure Hunter’s tooltip that would show 170 gold bounty available despite having already claimed the bounty on all enemy champions
- Fixed a bug that caused Locket of the Iron Solari’s tooltip to display an incorrect shield amount
- Fixed a bug that was not allowing players to purchase suggested starter item bundles by left-clicking on the bundle icon twice
- Fixed a bug that caused champions to become stuck inside Mordekaiser’s R-Realm of Death if it was cast on Tahm Kench as he was spitting out an ally he previously used R-Devour on
- Fixed a bug that caused the tooltip for Lee Sin’s Q-Sonic Strike to display incorrect damage values
Upcoming Skins & Chromas
The following skins will be released in this patch:
- Arcana Ahri
- Arcana Hecarim
- Arcana Ryze
- Arcana Xayah
- Arcana Rakan
The following chromas will be released this patch:
- Arcana Ahri
- Arcana Hecarim
- Arcana Ryze
- Arcana Xayah
- Arcana Rakan
It should be an interesting one for the professional players out there! With Jayce, Lee Sin, Ryze, and Zeri all getting hit with nerfs for top pros ahead of the Mid-Season Invitational, fans should hopefully see some unique interactions at the highest level.
Remember, we'll be getting another update in the form of 12.8 in the coming weeks, which should offer a few more tweaks to the meta depending on what turns out to be necessary. Happy League-ing!