Ahead of his release date later this week, a Lucian Wild Rift champion spotlight trailer has arrived on the game's social media channels. It introduces handheld League players to the dual-wielding purifier. Able to run and gun at the touch of a button, he's the kind of aggressive chaser most ADC mains are going to pick on release day. Before that, though, it's time to look over what he offers.
League of Legends: Wild Rift breaks down and reworks the abilities of the champions it brings over from its PC version. All in an effort to suit the faster gameplay and thumb-focused controls, Lucian's Wild Rift moveset isn't too drastic a change.
Lucian Wild Rift Champion Spotlight
Here's a breakdown of Lucian's Wild Rift abilities:
- Passive: Lightslinger
- After using an ability, Lucian's next normal attack hits twice and reduce the cooldown of Relentless Pursuit.
- Ability 1: Piercing Light
- Shoots a beam of light straight ahead.
- Ability 2: Ardent Blaze
- Fires a shot that travels a short distance, exploding for area damage when it hits a target or reaches the end of the line.
- This can also be used to scout and mark hidden enemies.
- Marked enemies hit provide a movement speed boost to Lucian.
- Ability 3: Relentless Pursuit
- Dash a short distance in the target direction.
- Ultimate: The Culling
- Fires a barrage of bullets for a short time.
- Lucian can move while channeling this ability but cannot turn.
- Lucian can cast Relentless Pursuit to quickly reposition.
When is the Lucian Wild Rift Release date?
Currently, a Lucian Wild Rift release date is set for July 8 when the Sentinels of Light event goes live. That's expected to happen at exactly 5PM PT.
If the event release time is unified across all servers, that equates to a 1AM BST release date the following day for UK/EU servers.
Is Lucian Good In Wild Rift?
We won't really know how good the Lucian Wild Rift counterpart will be without extensive testing.
Unfamiliarity with a new champion usually leads to high-level players quickly climbing the ranks as the rest of us slowly learn how to counter their abilities.
Right now, Lucian sits atop the S-Tier on our League of Legends Wild Rift tier list. That could change dramatically, but we won't know until the big day at least.
Lucian Wild Rift Skins
At launch, Hired Gun Lucian will be the first alternate skin to release alongside the new champion.
Though it should be relatively easy to unlock him for free, getting the Hired Gun skin will probably cost a bit of real-world money.