Among the returning characters from Team Orochi, Chris also makes a comeback as a playable character in King of Fighters 15. While his looks also far from a fighting type, he's actually a speedster that can rapidly outpace his foes in battle. It's yet to be revealed what his role will be in this title.
Who Is Chris in King of Fighters?
In King of Fighters 98, Chris looked like a kind, gentle character who has no business in a martial arts tournament, let alone being part of Team Orochi. However, Chris has an underlying violent and sinister nature and often passive-aggressively taunts his foes in battle.
Aside from his two-faced personality, Chris and all of Team Orochi worked on reviving an ancient force of nature, Orochi, bent on destroying humanity through the King of Fighters tournament. The team was successful, but it came at a great cost, the life of his two teammates, with Orochi choosing to use the body of Chris as his host.
However, Kyo Kusanagi, Iori Yagami, and Chizuru Kagura successfully defeated Orochi and the whole of Team Orochi was just considered dead after this storyline. After the events of King of Fighters 14, the defeat of the last boss resurrected some characters and this also included Team Orochi, and Chris.
King of Fighters 15 - Chris Move List
Chris is known to have fast, dancelike moves which reach their foes quickly, crossover behind them, and even dive fast from above. His special moves are all about speed and mobility. Here's what he can do in fights he's gets into in King of Fighters 15.
Chris Command Normal
- Spinning Array - Forward + Light Punch
- Reverse Anchor Kick - Forward + Light Kick
- Carry Off Kick - Down Forward + Strong Kick
Chris Special Moves
- Hunting Air - DP Motion (Forward, Down, Down Forward) + Light Kick/Strong Kick
- Glider Stomp - In mid-air, Quarter Circle forward + Light Kick/Strong Kick
- Shooting Dancer Thrust - Quarter Circle back + Light Punch/Strong Punch
- Shooting Dancer Step - Quarter Circle back + Light Kick/Strong Kick
- Direction Change - DP Motion + Light Punch/Strong Punch
- Scramble Dash - Quarter Circle forward + Light Kick/Strong Kick
Chris Super Special Moves
- Chain Slide Touch - Double Quarter Circle forward + Light Punch/Strong Punch
- Twister Drive - Double Quarter Circle back + Light Kick/Strong Kick
Chris Climax Super Special Moves
- Onslaught Mirage - Quarter Circle back then half circle back to forward + both Strong Punch and Strong Kick
Chris Normal Throws
- Step Turn - Near Opponent, Back or Forward + Strong Punch
- Aerial Drop - Near Opponent, Back or Forward + Strong Kick
One of the straightforward ways to play as Chris is to use his speed and mobility to keep pressing the attack on your foes. To get players to learn how to attack effectively, his Team Orochi allies, Yashiro Nanakase and Shermie, could be good picks to play with him in a team.
Chris Death Combos in King of Fighters 15
So far, players have yet to make a true 100% health combo with Chris in the King of Fighters 15 Open Beta. However, some players have found some hard-hitting, heavy resource combos that also deplete large amounts of health. These combos can also mean a clean kill if a little damage is applied on your foes before doing it.
Check these combos out:
Due to the speed of his attacks, Chris players may often drop his combos. Dropping high-resource combos can put players in a bad spot with limited ability to clutch out the win, so make sure to practice these well.