There will be times that you will need to or want to sell your dinosaurs in Jurassic World Evolution 2. You may choose to sell because you have too many dinosaurs or you may want to sell a naughty dinosaur who has eaten one too many guests. Whatever your reason is, we're here to show you how to sell dinosaurs.
How To Sell Dinosaurs
You cannot sell dinosaurs if you're playing the Campaign Mode. You can sell dinosaurs in any of the other modes that you play but selling them is split into two stages with multiple steps.
1. Find and Tranquilise Your Dinosaur
- Have a Response Team building built - this is the building that houses your Ranger Teams and your Capture Unit Helicopter.
- Select the Capture Unit Helicopter and click the "direct control" button to fly it yourself.
- Fly the Helicopter towards the dinosaur you want to sell and lower the Helicopter until you can get a clear shot on it.
- Dinosaurs spook easily when they've been darted once, so aim for the middle section of your target dinosaur. This will give the second or third dart a better chance at hitting the target.
- Dart the dinosaur with 2 or 3 darts. This should be enough to fill up the "Administering Tranquiliser" bar.
You can assign the task of tranquilising the dinosaur to the team but it's faster if you do it yourself.
The effects of the tranquiliser will run out after a short period of time, so you need to do this next bit very quickly.
2. Sell the Dinosaur
- Step away from manually controlling the Capture Team Helicopter and you should be brought back to the main play screen. On this screen, there should be a long menu of icons on the left-hand side.
- You need to select the "Transport" icon. This is the helicopter icon with arrows on it that can be found between "Decorations" and "Demolish".
- Once you've clicked on this icon, you need to click on the sleeping target and then pause live mode. Pausing live mode will give you enough time to do the next steps, otherwise, you can accidentally click elsewhere and the dinosaur will be transported instead of sold. If this happens, you will need to start the entire process again.
- After clicking on the dinosaur, you should see that a few control prompts have appeared at the bottom of your screen. One of these should be for "Sell Dinosaur".
- Simply follow the prompted control and you should see this appear on your screen:
If you still want to sell your dinosaur for the price shown on the screen click "Ok". The dinosaur will be sold and taken away from your park. However, you must remember that once you sell a dinosaur it cannot be undone.
Selling dinosaurs is a small part of your job in Jurassic World Evolution 2 and there will be a lot more for you to learn. We have some guides that can help you, including one on how to treat injured dinosaurs and another one on how to name a dinosaur if you feel like it. Additionally, if you're interested in playing the game on PC, you should take a look at our PC specs guide.