As much as you try not to, sometimes you will find yourself getting attached to some of the dinosaurs in Jurassic World Evolution 2. They all exhibit unique and interesting behaviours so it's hard not to love some of them and now you can give them names. We're going to show you how to name a dinosaur and there are no rules, so you can make the names as silly or as serious as you like.
Read More: Jurassic World Evolution 2: All Dinosaurs
How to Name a Dinosaur
It's fairly simple to name a dinosaur, all you need to do is follow the basic steps that we have laid out below:
- Have the dinosaur in your park and make sure it is comfortable/happy. This should be your priority before you decide to name it.
- Click on the dinosaur that you want to name and a side menu should appear on the left-hand side of your screen. It should look like this:
- When you are here, look at the bottom of your screen and you should see a few control prompts. Next to one of these prompts, you should see "Rename". This is the control you want.
- Click or activate this control and you should be given the chance to type in a brand new name for the dinosaur. All you need to do is elect enter/save once you've put the name in and it will automatically apply to your dinosaur.
- If you want to check if the rename was successful, you can hover over the dinosaur or click on the dinosaur to see its name.
Being able to name a prehistoric beast is one of the fun things that you can do in Jurassic World Evolution 2. However, the welfare of your dinosaurs should always be your first priority. We have guides that show you how to help injured dinosaurs and how to help a diseased dinosaur. Also, we have one that shows you how to perform a status check on a dinosaur to ensure you're taking care of it properly.