Every year, Destiny 2 holds many events over the course of the year. They have a Solstice event ever year, and it's that time of year again. This year's a bit different, so we our Destiny 2 Solstice 2022 Event guide will come in handy.
This year's event has gotten reworked introducing a new Event Card system, and a new way to craft and upgrade armor throughout the event.
Destiny 2 Solstice 2022 Event Card
New to this year's Solstice event is an event card. The card is free for all players, but you can upgrade the card for 1000 silver. This will give you some instantly claimable rewards. You can see what's in the event card by speaking to Eva Levante in the Tower, or in the Quests tab.
By completing challenges on the event card, you'll earn Event Tickets, which can be redeemed for rewards. These tickets must be spent before the event ends on August 9, 2022.
Destiny 2 Solstice 2022 Armor Upgrading
One of the big draws to these events is the Armor sets that you can get. This year, Bungie has revamped the system to give us some more control over how we upgrade the armor sets. We have a few different currencies avaiable to us so let's look at those.
- Silver Leaves
- Earn Silver Leaves by completing activities throughout the game.
- Silver Ash
- Transform Silver Leaves into Silver Ash by completing the new activity: Bonfire Bash.
- Spend Silver Ash to reroll armor stats from the armor mod screen.
- Earn Kindling by completing Solstice Event Challenges.
- Spend Kindling to upgrade your armor stat roll potential, each piece of armor can be upgraded three times (three tiers).
- You only need to do this once per armor slot. Every time you upgrade a piece of Solstice armor, it is permanent and shared across all pieces for that slot. So, if you upgrade a helmet all the way to Tier 3, every Solstice helmet currently in your inventory and any future helmets you earn for that class can now access Tier 3 stat rerolls.
So here's how the gameplay loop will work for upgrading armor:
- Complete Event Card Challenges
- Use Kindling to upgrade the potential stat rolls of solstice armor
- Do a variety of activities to earn Silver Leaves.
- Complete the Solstice Activity, Bonfire Bash, to turn your leaves into Silver Ash
- Use the Ash to reroll Armor Stats until you get your desired stats.
- Repeat for all your solstice armor
Destiny 2 Solstice Bonfire Bash
Bonfire Bash is the special playlist for this event. You will want to have your entire Candescent set equipped for this event. Once you load into the event, you'll be met with some Taken enemies and a Taken blight. As you clear them out, a large Bonefire will spawn in the main area. Then enemies called Ingitor carriers will spawn in, and you need to kill them. Pick up the Ignitor that they are carrying and throw it into the bonfire.
Kill as many as you can before the timer runs down. Once that timer hits zero, another Taken blight and enemies will spawn in. Get rid of them to get back to spawning more Ignitor waves. This will happen a total of three times, and after the thrid time, a boss will spawn. Kill the boss and collect the loot.
Strategy for this is add clear. Take a load out that can deal wtih a lot of enemies and a "boss killing" heavy. Your fire team will want to split up, having one person cover left, center and right sides of the map, as the ignitors will spawn in a few locations in each third of the map. The more of these you can nail down, the better.
If you can nail down 20 ignitors, you'll "fully stoke the bonfire" and spawn the boss early.
Destiny 2 Solstice Tips
To maximize your gains in this event, here's what you'll need to know.
- Keep your Solstice Armor equipped. You'll need to have it to earn Silver Leaves.
- Focus on completing your Event Challenges. You'll need the kindling for each of your armor pieces in multiples, and the card challenges will have you completeing all kinds of activities.
- Start by doing the easy modes first, like playlists, cruicible, Patrols, and Dares of Eternity.
- As you can rank up your Candescent Armor and get your mods on it, then take on the harder challenges.
- Only do the Bonfire Bash once you can do you convert a large amount of Leaves.
And that's all there is to it! Nothing crazy this year, but hopefully getting higher tiers of Kindling on our armor can allow us get get another set of really good armor. Definitely take advantage of this if you're a new player or looking for a specialized set for other activities.
Definitely check out our Xur guide weekly to know where Xur is, and what he's selling. If you're a Warlock, check out our Solar 3.0 Build guide. Stay tuned for Titan and Hunter build guides for Solar as well!