Are you looking to get into World of Warcraft's latest Classic expansion, Wrath of the Lich King Classic? Does the fury of the elements call to you? Well, our WotLK Shaman leveling guide should help you quite a bit!
Leveling in World of Warcraft is a pretty lengthy process. Regardless of what class you play, knowing what the best spec, talents and even professions that you roll with can make that process much smoother. Our guide will cover all those details and more as you venture into Northrend.
While you're here, if you're interested in other Wrath of the Lich King Classic content, then check out our DPS Tier list, our Healer Tier list and our Tank tier list. You might also be interested in our dungeon guides, such as our guide for Utgarde Keep.
Best Shaman leveling spec for Wrath Classic
First off, we're going to look at the three Shaman specs available to us, and detail the pros and cons of each. Then we'll have a recommendation at the end.
- No gear dependency
- Few defensive cooldowns
- low survivability
- very mana hungry
- Great healing kit
- Very few damage abilities
- Very mana hungry
- High damage potential
- Higher skill cap
- Busy rotation
From this, you're looking at one spec really for leveling and that's Enhancement. It's not nearly as mana hungry and puts out really good damage. You do have to worry a bit more about your gear as you're leveling, mainly your weapons. That's a small price to pay for a much better leveling spec.
WotLK Enhancement Shaman talent tree
Now we'll look at the tree and break down what talents you'll want to take in various brackets of levels
Level 10 - 30
- Level 10 - 12: Enhancing Totems (all ranks)
- Level 13 - 14: Ancestral Knowledge (all ranks)
- Level 15 - 19: Thundering Strikes (all ranks)
- Level 20: Shamanistic Focus
- Level 21 - 23: Elemental Weapons (all ranks)
- Level 24: Improved Shields (rank 1)
- Level 25 - 29: Flurry (all ranks)
- Level 30: Spirit Weapons
Level 31 - 60
- Level 31 - 33: Mental Dexterity (all ranks)
- Level 34: Improved Windfury Totem (rank 1)
- Level 35 - 37: Unleashed Rage (all ranks)
- Level 38 - 39: Weapon Mastery (ranks 1 and 2)
- Level 40: Stormstrike
- Level 41: Dual Wield
- Level 42: Weapon Master (rank 3)
- Level 43 - 44: Dual Wield Specialization (ranks 1 and 2)
- Level 45: Lava Lash
- Level 46 - 47: Improved Stormstrike (both ranks)
- Level 48: Improved Windfury Totem (rank 3)
- Level 49: Static Shock (rank 1)
- Level 50: Shamanistic Rage
- Level 51 - 53: Mental Quickness (all ranks)
- Level 54: Static Shock (rank 2)
- Level 55 - 59: Maelstrom Weapon (all ranks)
- Level 60: Feral Spirit
Level 61 - 80
- Level 61 - 65: Concussion (all ranks in Elemental Tree)
- Level 66 - 68: Call of Flame (all ranks in Elemental Tree)
- Level 69 - 70: Elemental Devastation (ranks 1 and 2 in Elemental Tree)
- Level 71: Elemental Focus (in Elemental tree)
- Level 72 - 75: Elemental Fury (ranks 1-4 in Elemental Tree)
- Level 76 - 77: Improved Fire Nova (both ranks in Elemental Tree)
- Level 78: Elemental Devastation (rank 3 in Elemental Tree)
- Level 79: Elemental Fury (rank 5 in Elemental Tree)
- Level 80: Dual Wield Specialization: (rank 3 in Enhancement Tree)
Best Sman leveling professions for WotLK Classic
As for professions, we don't recommend that you pick up a crafting profession until you get max level. They're typically really expensive to get leveled up, and that gold can be better spent elsewhere. That being said, we recommend leveling up Skinning for passive crit, and Mining for Stamina. You could also snag Herbalism for the extra healing spell, Lifeblood as well, which can be useful for solo play.
Best Shaman glyphs for WotLK Classic
For our Glyphs, we have three major and three minor glyphs to pick. Our majors will give us more damage, while our minors are really good quality of life or minor benefits. Here's our recommendation for both categories.
- Glyph of Flametongue Weapon
- Glyph of Lightning Shield
- Glyph of Fire Nova
- Glyph of Water Breathing
- Glyph of Renewed Life
- Glyph of Water Walking
And that's all that we have for you! The Shaman is a class that suffers a bit from a DPS perspective this expansion, but it's a great healer for end game content. While you're here, definitely check out our Wrath Classic PVP tier list, as well as some other dungeon guides, for the Nexus, and the Culling of Stratholme.