Although there's plenty of attention on the launch of Season Two for Warzone 2 and Modern Warfare 2, Infinity Ward continues to make changes to the battle royale and various elements of multiplayer. The Warzone 2 January 30 patch notes are bound to contain a handful of changes to ensure players have a smooth experience across the board.
With a new season of content a few weeks away, there's a high chance of this particular update only featuring a few changes before further adjustments arrive alongside the next batch of fresh content.
Before we take a closer look at the Warzone 2 and MW2 January 30 patch notes, check out our guides showcasing the current Warzone 2 meta and all there is to know about the best Modern Warfare 2 SMG.
Warzone 2 January 30 patch notes
Infinity Ward has revealed the full patch notes revealing plenty of changes making their way to Warzone 2. With only a few weeks of Season One remaining, the chances of any major changes impacting the current meta and the core mechanics are slim.
- Read More: When is the next Warzone 2 double XP event?
Here's the full list of patch notes specific to Warzone 2:
- Fixed an issue where deploying a Recon Drone near water could cause some Players to lose movement.
- Fixed an issue causing the Rewards section of the Faction Mission menu to display incorrectly.
- Addressed a number of issues impacting the functionality and navigation of equipping and previewing Insured Weapons.
- Fixed an issue where Players could not access Gunsmith to change camos when equipping a Launcher in an Insured Weapon slot.
Modern Warfare 2 January 30 patch notes
In addition to Warzone 2, the January 30 update also contains changes to Modern Warfare 2. After publishing the patch notes, here's what's changing in multiplayer.
- This update contains several fixes to reduce the number of known crashes. We continue to prioritize increased stability and crash fixes across all platforms.
- Fixed an issue that showed Weapon Decals and Stickers as blocked.
- Fixed an issue where using Spotter Scope could cause target markers to persist when aimed down sights with a Weapon.
- Fixed an issue allowing the Sentry Gun to be placed inside a tank to eliminate enemies.
- Fixed an issue where Gun Screens weren’t showing correctly on the Gunsmith UI tile.
- Fixed an issue in the Gunsmith where Players could be kicked back to the main menu when creating a custom knife.
- Fixed an issue in Gunsmith that could cause knife variants to display incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some Players from saving a custom mod while trying to select a Camo.
- Fixed an issue causing some Players to crash when dismissing a notification.
- Fixed some issues Players were having with accessing and leaving the Firing Range.
- Addressed various issues with the Social menu to improve navigation and functionality.
- Fixed an issue preventing some users from navigating through the Friends/Recent tab after scrolling over the top row.
- Fixed an issue where Calling Card previews are not displaying correctly in the challenge completion animation.
- Fixed a UI issue causing text overlap in the After Action Report.
Warzone 2 and MW2 January 30 update size
According to PlayStation users capable of pre-loading the update before it launches, the Warzone 2 and MW2 January 30 update is 330MB. It's only a small one which is great news if you don't have a fast internet connection.
For Xbox and PC users, expect a similar update size or a download that's slightly bigger to enable additional copying space.
That's all there is to know about the Warzone 2 and MW2 January 30 update patch notes. Before you drop into the action, don't forget to take a look at our guides showcasing the best Modern Warfare 2 sniper rifle and the best Warzone 2 RPK loadout currently dominating Al Mazrah.