In order to find Tal'Ratha in Remnant 2, the quest needs to be assigned to you by the Custodian to ensure the completion of the Dryzyr's mission. However, this is easier said than done, especially if it's your first biome. Ne'rud is an expansive region covered in fog and no sense of direction.
You also have to complete another side quest to find the Soul Sparks and clear a couple of dungeons before being able to confront Tal'Ratha. So in this guide, we will explain how to find Tal'Ratha and finish the Ne'rud questline.
How to find Tal'ratha in Remnant 2
Find the Custodian
You first have to meet and talk with the Custodian, who gives you the quest to find Tal'Ratha.
Head to the Hatchery
The hatchery is usually the bridging area between the two zones in Ne'rud. You can search for it around the map, and the entrance is a circular lift heading into the ground.
So once inside the Hatchery, you can face the Primogenitor boss and head towards the second area in Ne'rud.
This area will be either the Eon Vault or the Timeless Horizon. This is also where you can find the secret Engineer archetype or unlock the laser rifle.
Explore the Eon Vault or Timeless Horizon for Soul Sparks
So now we can go meet up with Tal'Ratha in the Forgotten Prison in the second area. However, before he lets you inside his chamber, you need to go out of your way to find the Soul Sparks he asked for. This can be confusing as the game doesn't provide much guidance here. Be sure to check out our guide on how to locate the Soul Sparks to find them quickly.
Once you've obtained them, get ready to meet Tal'Ratha.
When you visit Tal'ratha with the Soul Sparks in your inventory, he will open his door for you. You'll head inside and be treated to a cutscene. He'll clear up the air, and you can finally face this mysterious psychic. However, first, he will have a conversation with you and offer you two choices.
- Become one with him
- Refuse to become one with him
So if you choose the former, you'll have to join the Ark and face a different version of Tal'ratha.
However, if you refuse his offer, he will get enraged, and you'll have to fight him right there. But this boss fight can be challenging if you're not equipped correctly, so here are some tips.
How to beat Tal'ratha in Remant 2
Tal'Ratha is one of the simpler bosses in Remnant 2 and is relatively easy to deal with compared to the other World Bosses. So here are some things to keep in mind:
- You can use the custodian's capsules to stun him briefly once per fight
- The barrels he throws at you will often contain enemies, and you should eliminate them quickly
- Most of his melee attacks and projectile throws can be dodged by rolling sideways at the right time. Don't stay behind him, as he has a zero-lag backspin punish attack
- He will throw a large amount of muck projectiles, and you should sprint sideways and roll away to avoid them
- There are two ways to deal with his psychic attacks. You can sprint sideways or shoot them down
- His AoE suction attack can be dodged by letting him draw you in and rolling away right as he tries to bite down
- His open mouth is his weak spot
So with these tips in mind and a bit of practice, you should be able to beat Tal'ratha in no time. Beating this version will subsequently reward you with Spiced Bile, which can be used in crafting the Nebula handgun.