Seeing a quarterback rushing down the football pitch is nothing new in the NFL. For several seasons, quarterbacks can spot the gap and make a run in a bid to move their team closer to the opponent's endzone. The launch of Madden 23 is on the horizon much to the excitement of fans and some are wondering how to run with a quarterback in EA Sports' latest offering.
Madden 23 features FieldSense, adding a deeper level of immersion to the game alongside a simplified playbook allowing newcomers and Madden veterans to make their way to the Super Bowl.
Before we reveal how to run with a quarterback in Madden 23, check out guides showcasing the top-rated players, all there is to know about Franchise Mode, and information on if the game is coming to Game Pass.
How do I move my quarterback?
Just like the previous Madden titles, you have the ability to run with every single quarterback in the game. However, their rating will determine the success of your running exploits.
Once you manage to spot a gap, all you need to do to run is hold R2/RT. To decide on the direction, use the left stick to duck and dodge any defenders attempting to halt your progress.
Best Madden 23 quarterbacks
As always, the quarterbacks are split into rookie and veteran categories. There's some exciting young potential with the rookies and a selection of legendary players with a proven track record of Super Bowl success.
- Desmond Ridder, Atlanta Falcons, 70 OVR
- Malik Willis, Tennessee Titans, 69 OVR
- Matt Corral, Carolina Panthers, 68 OVR
- Kenny Pickett, Pittsburgh Steelers, 68 OVR
- Sam Howell, Washington Commanders, 67 OVR
- Tom Brady, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 97 OVR
- Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers, 96 OVR
- Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs, 95 OVR
- Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills, 92 OVR
- Joe Burrow, Cincinnati Bengals, 90 OVR
- Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys, 89 OVR
- Justin Herbert, Los Angeles Chargers, 88 OVR
- Russell Wilson, Denver Broncos, 87 OVR
- Lamar Jackson, Baltimore Ravens, 87 OVR
- Matthew Stafford, Los Angeles Rams, 85 OVR
How to slide with a quarterback
Sliding out the way of an incoming defender or guaranteeing a first down is an essential mechanic to master in order to succeed in Madden 23. Here's how to slide when operating a quarterback:
- PlayStation: Tap Square
- Xbox: Tap X
- PC: Tap Q
Sliding can also prevent any kind of fumble or injury which can make the difference between losing your star player or keeping hold of them for the duration of a match.
That's how to run with your quarterback in Madden 23. For more, be sure to check out our Madden page for the latest news and guides to help you on your way to Super Bowl victory.