The football season is in full swing, which can only mean that the FIFA 23 TOTW 1 has arrived. The first batch of in-form players are in packs now, so we've got a breakdown of exactly who to look out for, and which ones are worth aiming for.
In this FIFA 23 guide, we'll break down everything you need to know about Team of the Week 1. That includes all the players in the limited-time promotion, their new OVR rating, and our choices of the shining stars among the bunch.
Elsewhere, we've got plenty of other FIFA guides. Check out some FIFA 23 ratings for game just before it lands, as well as news on the FIFA 23 web app, which is now live. Of course, that means the beta period is rapidly drawing to a close.
Which players are in the FIFA 23 TOTW 1?
Read on to see all of the players that feature in the inaugural
All TOTW 1 goalkeepers
- Emmanuel Ledesma (Cádiz CF) - 83 OVR
- Rafal Gikiewicz (FC Augsburg) - 81 OVR
There aren't many goalkeepers in this TOTW, so there aren't any especially good picks to try and hunt down. If you're starting with a La Liga team however, Ledesma can do a solid job between the sticks while you save for a better keeper.
All TOTW 1 defenders
- Mario Rui (Napoli) - 82 OVR LB
- William Saliba (Arsenal) - 83 OVR CB
- Hamari Traore (FC Rennes) - 85 OVR RB
- Pablo Maffeo (RCD Mallorca) - 82 OVR RWB
- Domingos Duarte (Getafe CF) - 81 OVR CB
- Filip Mladenovic (Legia Warszawa) - 77 OVR LB
Equally, there aren't too many defenders worth chasing this week. William Saliba is a solid choice for Premier League teams thanks to his 84 DEF and reasonable 80 PAC, which you can get even higher with a modifier card. However, the astounding 88 PAC of Hamari Traore is a no-brainer for Ligue 1 sides.
All TOTW 1 midfielders
- Teji Savanier (Montpellier) - 84 OVR CAM
- Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City) - 92 OVR CM
- Palhinha (Fulham) - 84 OVR CDM
- Daichi Kamada (Eintracht Frankfurt) - 83 OVR CAM
- Enzo Le Fee (FC Lorient) - 81 OVR CDM
- Jack Diamond (Lincoln City) - 75 OVR LM
There's one clear winner for midfielders in this TOTW: an early contender for endgame card with Kevin De Bruyne.
The Belgian boasts 94 PAS, 89 SHO, and 88 DRI, making him one of the best midfield anchors you could ask for. However, you may want to avoid Savanier's card, as it has just 68 PAC, which won't help much during matches.
All TOTW 1 attackers
- Ciro Immobile (Latium) - 87 OVR ST
- Gerard Deulofeu (Udinese) - 83 OVR ST
- Heung-Min Son (Tottenham Hotspur) - 90 OVR LW
- Cody Gakpo (PSV) - 85 OVR LW
- Federico Valverde (Real Madrid) - 86 OVR RW
- Aitor (Panathinaikos) - 80 OVR LW
- Moussa Djitte (Austin FC) - 78 OVR ST
- Scott Hogan (Birmingham City) - 77 OVR ST
Again, you'd be remiss not to aim for the 90 OVR Heung-Min Son card in this Team of the Week. The South Korean winger's hat-trick off the bench against Leicester earned him a card with 89 PAC, 87 DRI, and 90 SHO, making him a brilliant feature for any Premier League team. At an eye-watering 151,000 coins though, you'll need to be rich to buy him.
How do I get TOTW cards in FIFA 23?
As with TOTW cards in all other FIFA games, the only ways to get them are through packs or the transfer market. In-form players are one type that isn't available in SBCs or in-match objectives, so you'll have to shell out coins to get them.
At this stage in the game's lifespan, in-form cards tend to cost a pretty penny. While they all have a discard value of around 10,000 coins, some of the higher rated ones can fetch well over 100,000 at this stage. If you get lucky and manage to pack one, it could be worth selling on to give you plenty of money to play with when building your starter squad.