Wondering if you can get Diablo 4 Whispers of the Dead legendaries? We've got the answer for you right here.
Our Diablo 4 Whispers of the Dead legendaries guide discusses this particular facet, one that might concern you upon completing the campaign.
How to get Whispers of the Dead Legendaries in Diablo 4
Tree of Whispers Location
The Diablo 4 Whispers of the Dead activity becomes available once you've completed the six-act campaign, making it an endgame activity of sorts. Functioning the same way as bounties, you'll have to finish certain tasks that reward Grim Favors.
While we won't detail every task that you can receive, just know the following:
- The Tree of Whispers is the special, er, NPC - and we use this term loosely - that provides these tasks. It can be found in the northern portion of the Hawezar region.
- Each bounty provides a number of Grim Favors (i.e. points). You'll need to amass 10 Grim Favors before you can turn in the quest.
- Upon returning to the Tree of Whispers, that's when you get to choose one out of three containers that have rewards.
However, there are many instances when these containers are coloured grey. Essentially, you might think that the loot you'll receive will be terrible.
Whispers of the Dead Legendary Rewards
Thankfully, that's not really the case. When discussing Diablo 4 Whispers of the Dead legendaries, a few factors come into play:
- It's still RNG - Yes, the three containers that you can choose from are still dependent on RNG. Sometimes, all three might be grey; sometimes, you might see something that's a legendary.
- Some containers have guaranteed legendaries - If the container has an orange colour, then you're guaranteed to receive a legendary of that item type. For instance, a "Legendary Collection of Legguards" means that at least one pants or led armour is of legendary rarity.
- Higher World Tiers affect legendary drop rates - If you've already beaten the Cathedral of Light Capstone Dungeon, then you'll have World Tier 3: Nightmare unlocked. While it won't guarantee legendary containers all the time, the higher difficulty means that there's a better chance of items from grey containers rolling as legendaries.
And that's it. That's everything you need to know about the Diablo 4 Whispers of the Dead legendary drops. For other tips and strategies, you can visit our Diablo 4 guides hub.