This guide will go over how to hide your helmet in Diablo 4. Like any other typical RPG, in Diablo 4 you can customise your gear, giving you various bonuses and buffs. Although the helmet is a key gear piece of your armour set, sometimes you're going to want to hide it.
Despite the additional effects granted by wearing the helmet, it can block your character’s face, hindering your immersion. Therefore hiding the helmet allows you to see your character’s face regardless of the helmet equipped. Since the feature isn't initially available, we will explain how you can hide your helmet in Diablo 4. So, without further ado, let’s get started!
How to hide your helmet in Diablo 4
In order to take off the helmet from your character in Diablo 4, you need to progress the story and complete the tutorial section. Once you finish the first dungeon and take down the corrupted townsfolk, you reach the starting area of the game, Kyovashad. From that point onwards, you can hide your helmet in Diablo 4 by following the steps described below:
- First of all, reach Kyovashad and find a Wardrobe. They are located in different areas and can be distinguished by the Wardrobe icon on the map. The one in Kyovashad is right next to the waypoint.
- Go inside the Wardrobe and interact with it to open the character menu that shows your player’s gear and stats.
- This menu has three options: Wardrobe, Appearance, and Headstone. Stay on the Wardrobe tab.
- From the Armour menu, select the headpiece gear that your character is currently equipped with.
- You will see an option that says “Unequipped Look”. Press this option to hide your helmet.
- The effect will take place instantly, and now you can equip any gear set on your head while it stays invisible and doesn’t affect your character’s appearance.
It is important to note that hiding your helmet doesn’t affect your gear's additional bonuses and protection. Hence, you can enjoy the bare-faced look of your character without compromising on the buffs provided by the helmet. Moreover, hiding the helmet is free of cost and can be done by interacting with any Wardrobe location you find in the world!
Stay tuned for more Diablo 4 content and find out if the Diablo 4 auction house be included. You should also take a look at the Diablo 4 story to understand its plot. Once you’ve learned how to hide your helmet in Diablo 4, you may be interested in knowing how to change your gender in Diablo 4 and how to drop items in the game.