The Darkest Dungeon 2 Steam Deck version has some problems with optimisation, so today we are going to tell you the best settings to run this game well. There are not so many options you can choose from, but they can affect the performance of your device.
So, we are going to explain to you how to make a good setup that will help you make the game run smoother. Hopefully, our article will improve your gaming experience in Darkest Dungeon 2.
Best Darkest Dungeon 2 Steam Deck settings
When you start playing a new game on Steam Deck, it is very important to go to the settings menu and make a good setup. This will help your device run the game better and you will experience fewer FPS drops.
- Read more: Darkest Dungeon 2 beginner tips
On this platform, Darkest Dungeon 2 has only a few graphics settings that you can customise. Here they are:
- Window Mode - Allows you to enable various window modes, such as the Fullscreen Window mode
- Resolution - Allows you to select the resolution of your screen
- Display Monitor - Allows you to select your display monitor
- Graphics Quality - Determines the graphics quality of the game. It has a big impact on the performance of your device. You can only choose between Low graphics and High graphics
- VSync - Enables or disables the VSync option
- Max FPS - Allows you to set certain limits for your FPS
As you can see, there are only two graphics settings that you can customise. You can choose between High or Low graphics quality. According to the information we have so far, High graphics quality has a significant impact on the game’s performance. So, we highly recommend that you choose Low graphics quality to make the game run well.
Unfortunately, the game doesn’t have many graphics settings and you just need to choose between two options. However, Darkest Dungeon 2 still rarely drops below 30FPS even at High graphics quality. So, you can choose better graphics over stable FPS and still enjoy your playthrough!
For more on the game, feel free to read up on if it's coming to PS5, Xbox, and Switch, as well as how to unlock new characters.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Guides and Darkest Dungeon 2 page.