Franklin and Lamar are back again in GTA Online. This time, you will be able to play as the duo against other online players in a new adversary mode. The two best friends team up to survive an onslaught of attacks from enemies in a bid to stay alive. It sounds simple enough, but we all know that life in Los Santos is never that easy. So, what exactly is Double Down co-op? We're here to answer that very question.
Read More: GTA Online: How to Start Double Down Co-Op
What Is Double Down Co-Op?
Double Down Co-Op is a new adversary mode created by Rockstar. In the mode there are two teams:
- Hold-Outs: This is Franklin and Lamar. The goal of this team is to stay alive for the full 4 minutes, fighting off the enemy in any way you can. As part of this team, you will have a handful of high-quality weapons and explosives. However, there is a catch, you have limited ammunition for each weapon.
- Attackers: The goal of this team is to eliminate the Hold-Outs. If you manage to kill the other team in the 4 minutes you have, you win. The catch for this team is that you will only have a handheld Shotgun. You have no other weapons to help you. However, you do have infinite lives.
Armor and Snacks cannot be used by either team in this mode. This doesn't matter too much for the Attackers but it could be a problem for the Hold-Outs.
The host gets to decide what the weather will be like for the match and how many rounds it will be. It can be anything from the first to win one round up to the first who win 4. After the first round ends, if your host has selected it, you will be able to switch sides. So the Attackers become Hold-Outs and the Hold-Outs become the attackers. Another 4 minute round ensues and the same rules apply.
How Many Maps Are There?
There are seven maps that you can choose from in the Double Down mode. These are:
- Double Down I: Mount Chiliad
- Double Down II: San Chianski Mountain Range
- Double Down III: Chiliad Mountain State Wilderness
- Double Down IV: Elysian Island
- Double Down V: Paleto Forest
- Double Down VI: Fort Zancudo
- Double Down VII: San Chianski Mountain Range
Which one you decide to play is down to the host. All of the maps open at Rank 1 and there can be a maximum of 10 players in each round to a single map.
Double Down Adversary Co-Op mode isn't the only chance you will get to play as Franklin and Lamar in GTA Online. Take a look at our guide on how to play as them as part of The Contract to find out more. If you want to earn some more money and climb the ranks before starting this mode, our guide on how to make money this week can help.