When you start GTA Online you get to create your very own character. You can customise how the character looks at the beginning but as time goes by, you may want to change their look again. This can be a little bit expensive but it's worth it to have a character you like. We're going to show you how to change your appearance and we show you some cheaper alternatives too.
How To Change Your Appearance
To change your appearance, you must have at least $100,000 at your disposal. Once you have enough money, follow these simple steps to change your appearance:
- Open your interactions menu (the small menu that appears in the top left corner of your screen)
- Scroll down and select "style"
- Then you need to select "change appearance"
- Once you click on this, the $100,000 will be taken out of your account so make sure this is what you want to do.
This will take you to the police line-up screen that you encountered when you first made your character. You can then change your character's appearance from eye colour and facial features to if they have freckles or not.
Other Ways To Change Your Appearance
If you don't want to change how your character looks in terms of facial features, then there are other ways for you to change how they look. There are 3 types of shops in Los Santos that you can visit to alter the look of your character:
- Tattoo Parlour - Go to one of these to get tattoos for your character. You can change tattoos as much as you like, provided you have enough money.
- Barbers - Here, you can change your hairstyle, hair colour, make-up, eye-brows and face paint. All for a fee of course.
- Clothing - There are 3 clothing chains in Los Santos. Suburban, Ponsonbys and Binco. Each shop sells a different style of clothing so it's worth looking around to find the clothing items you're looking for.
Using these stores is a great way of customising your character's appearance without paying out $100,000 every time. Also, each time you buy an item of clothing it is stored in your closet and you can change into it whenever you'd like.
Once you have a character you are happy with, you can return to your work in GTA Online. If you want a new car to compliment your new look, you should read our guide on all of the new cars that came with The Contract update. Also, we've got a guide that shows you how to make money this week.