New co-op missions, races vehicles and much more await you in the epic overhaul.
This big summer update will surely tide us over to GTA 6, which is likely a little way off yet with GTA 5 confirmed to release once again on Xbox Series and PS5.
Here's everything we know about the so-called "Summer Update".
GTA Online Summer Update Release Window
It's been confirmed that the Summer update will arrive on the 11th of August.
GTA Online Summer Update Arrives In Los Santos
Make the most of the Southern San Andreas summer with a host of new activities hitting GTA Online next week.
From tense new co-op missions launched from your Super Yacht to the track-based thrills of new Open Wheel Races, to a fleet of new vehicles to acquire and much more, Summer in Los Santos has something for everyone.
I'M ON A BOAT: New missions await Galaxy Super Yacht owners
Galaxy Super Yacht owners will be able to engage in an all-new series of missions, either alone or with up to three shipmates.
Everything from deep-sea diving to high-speed hi-jinks on the high seas - there's action for everyone.
Between deliveries and sales, the upwardly mobile can take to the streets in new Business Battles in some surprising locations for serious rewards.
The Diamond Casino & Resort will be open for business as a range of Adversary Modes will take place on the premises.
Meanwhile, auto websites will be flooded with more than a dozen new vehicles to purchase, including rides for Benny to customize, off-roaders, tunable sports cars and a pair of new Open Wheel beauties.
Push them to the limits in a series of new Open Wheel Races – or design your own street circuit with the new Open Wheel Race Creator.
Plus, a number of general improvements and fixes – as well as our ongoing series of weekly special events and bonuses to take part in over the coming months – once the Los Santos Summer Special hits GTA Online on August 11th.
GTA Online Summer Update Content
Here's everything included, courtesy of Rockstar Games.
Players can enjoy the following PVP matchups within the Diamond Casino and Resort:
- Hardest Target
- Kill Quota
- Trading Places
- Every Bullet Counts
There are new business battles included, too, including a co-op assault on an aircraft carrier where you can then turn on your comrades to take the loot for yourself!
As the game's subreddit suggests, the existing content could be repurposed, while many would rather have re-balanced content as opposed to new pursuits.
In fact, speaking of the game's subreddit, here's a look at the new vehicles available and content to enjoy. Big thanks to u/Dan6erbond.
New Content and Discounts
- Stock vehicle wheels have been added to the new 'Street' category to be applied on any vehicle.
- The new yacht missions pay about GTA$ 14,000-25,000.
- Arcade Games: Ace of Fury (GTA$ 666,000) and Qub3d (GTA$ 333,000).
- Benefactor BR8 (GTA$ 3,400,000)
- Declasse DR1 (GTA$ 2,997,000)
- Lampadati Tigon (GTA$ 2,310,000)
- Invetero Croquette D10 (GTA$ 1,500,000)
Southern San Andreas Super Autos:
- Canis Seminole Frontier (GTA$ 678,000)
- Dundreary Landstalker (GTA$ 1,220,000)
- Imponte Beater Dukes (GTA$ 378,000)
- BF Club (GTA$ 1,280,000)
- Maibatsu Penumbra FF (GTA$ 1,380,000)
- Bravado Gauntlet (GTA$ 615,000)
- Bravado Youga (GTA$ 195,000)
- Benefactor Glendale (GTA$ 200,000)
- Declasse Yosemite (GTA$ 485,000)
- Albany Manana (GTA$ 10,000)
Clothing (courtesy of u/Cpt_Foresight):
- Popped Leather Jacket (White/Gray/Tan/Black/Red/Brown)
- Bomber Jacket (Various, 15 Designs)
- Short Service Shirt (9 colours)
- Double Shirt (Three styles, various colours)
- Long Sleeve Baseball Tees (7 designs)
- Polo Shirt (7 designs)
- Sports Tops (21 designs/colours (Brucie cosplay?))
- Office Shirts (whole category, 20 colours)
- Cargo Pants (8 colours)
- Sports Track Pants (21 designs/colours (Brucie confirmed))
- Gloves, Armoured (8 colours)
- Sports Masks (8 designs)
- Animal Masks (12 designs)
- The Sheava is this week's Podium Vehicle.
Double GTA$ and RP Activities:
- 2x GTA$/RP on Open Wheel Races
- 2x GTA$/RP on the new Yacht Missions
- 2x GTA$/RP on Diamond Adversary Series
- 30% off Yachts
- 40% off Arcades
- 30% off the Arcade Drone Station
- 30% off MC Business Supplies
- 20% off Bunker Supplies
- 40% off Garage Properties (Excluding Apartments)
- 30% off Benny's Conversions
Twitch Prime Bonuses:
- 60% off X80 Proto
- 60% off Bravado Gauntlet
The update is around 2GB in size.
- Two Apartments and Garage Slots added (total of 8)
- Two Arcade Games added: Ace of Fury (GTA$ 666,000) and Qub3d (GTA$ 333,000).
- Players can return their Personal Vehicle to Storage without registering as a Motorcycle Club
- Lucky Wheel now has a timer so you know when you can spin again
- General bug fixes