Unsurprisingly, developers Sucker Punch want to keep that momentum going. Launching Update 2.08 on PS5 earlier today, this patch focused on the game’s multiplayer mode, Ghost of Tsushima: Legends. Chiefly, that implements a Rivals mode to deal with enemy swarms, alongside an expanded progression system.
Ghost of Tsushima Update 2.08: Patch Notes & Everything You Need To Know
There's no official patch notes but thanks to Attack of the Fanboy, we've got a rough idea of what that contains, which you can find below:
- New Mode: Rivals
- In Rivals, two teams of two will compete to defeat waves of enemies.
- With each defeated foe, you’ll collect Magatama that you can use to harm the other team.
- Once you’ve spent enough Magatama, you’ll unlock Final Stand waves. Complete these before the opposing team to win!
- Gear Mastery System
- This is a new expansion of the progression systems and rewards for Legends.
- Players who’ve earned 110-level gear will now be able to bind it to a class and activate “Mastery Challenges.”
- This will allow a piece of gear’s Ki level to be upgraded to 120 and eventually unlock a second perk slot!
- As you activate Mastery Challenges, you can also unlock a new Ability and new Techniques for each class.
Furthermore, that's not the end of Legends support. Sucker Punch has confirmed that between September 10th until October 1st, there'll be a content drop each week, making a total of four. That'll feature new survival maps based around Iki Island, alongside the Trials of Iyo, the latter offering a harder version of Raid. We'll keep you informed with further updates.