Genshin Impact 1.6 will be coming out soon and fans are excited to see what new features will be added to the incredibly popular MMORPG.
While the game has a number of issues that fans want to be solved, that’s just something Genshin Impact players are used to since this title is always online and will be prone to various bugs.
What Time Does Genshin Impact 1.6 Start? Release Date, Updates And Kazuha Banner Details
Still, various bugs and glitches aside, Genshin Impact 1.6 will be coming out this week so we’re here to tell you what to expect and when it will come out.
Firstly, Genshin Impact 1.6 will be coming out on June 9, which is a Wednesday.
The 1.6 update will be coming out in Asia first before being updated in the US at 4 pm, so American fans will be waiting a bit longer than players in Japan and the rest of Asia.
Unfortunately, this has always been the case and we aren’t sure why these updates don’t get simultaneous releases but it could be a timing issue.
Either way, this is something for Genshin Impact fans to get excited about so mark those calendars.
Interestingly enough, while Genshin Impact 1.6 will be adding a ton of new things, the highly anticipated 5-star Kazuha banner will not be part of the initial update.
Klee’s banner will be the first major banner available when Genshin Impact 1.6 launches, with Kazuha likely coming in two weeks.
Lastly, here are all the major updates that will be made to Genshin Impact when update 1.6 launches:
- The Midsummer Island Adventure, the main focus of the patch, will in fact be a series of new islands, and the story quest to take us there will have us sneaking onto Beidou’s pirate crew, apparently.
- Once we get to the islands, we will get a boat laden with Klee bombs that can traverse between islands and shoot firebombs at enemies.
- For the first time, Genshin Impact is debuting character skins. You will be able to earn Barbara’s new summer skin as part of an event, but you’ll have to pay for Jean’s new look.
- There’s going to be a new world boss to fight, a giant samurai called Maguu Kenki that may be a part of the main Archon story quest but should stick around to be a fight we can repeat afterward.
- We know of two new weapons right now, the Freedom-Sworn Sword, which is Kazuha’s signature 5-star weapon, and Mitternacht's Waltz, a 4-star bow. There may be more that have not been confirmed yet.
- There are a lot of updates coming to the Serenitea Pot system which most pressingly includes a higher load limit so you can build more elaborate homes.
- So far as we know, Kazuha is the only new hero coming in 1.6. That may change, however, as sometimes new ones can slip in at the last rotation of the banner, so we’ll have to wait and see if someone like Ayaka shows up.
Genshin Impact is now available on PS4, PS5, PC, and mobile devices.