Microsoft have released the first system update for the Xbox One in 2015. The Xbox team have been listening very diligently to the community’s feedback, in order to improve their system and enhance our overall gaming experience.
Xbox One Controller:
This month, the team has focused a significant amount of time towards the development of the Xbox One controller. As a result, Xbox have implemented a new feature referred to as Quick Connect. Quick Connect allows a controller to turn on in about two seconds, rather than the original four-to-five seconds. They have also added in some new stability improvements to insure less controller disconnection.
Want to find out some interesting tricks, tips, and featured content from one of your favourite games? Game hubs is the place to be. Within a game hub, one will be able to find identify which friends are currently playing the game, check out leader boards, explore awesome game clips and broadcasts, and view the trending broadcasters.
Game developers will also be able to efficiently connect with their followers. Within a game hub, the latest content surrounding upcoming DLC will now reach users faster than ever.
You can follow a game hub by simply hitting the “Menu” button on your Xbox One controller, and clicking on the “View game hub” option. Once followed, a game hub’s feed will be incorporated into one’s activity feed.
Custom Backgrounds and Transparency:
The Xbox development team has added transparency to your main menu tiles, presenting users with a better view of their awesome backgrounds. In order to edit your background, go to: Settings > My Xbox > My Background.
Party Chat Enhancements:
An enormous amount of updates have been centred upon the TV and Party Chat features of the Xbox one. Below you can find the exact details and specifications that Xbox have provided themselves.
Party chat updates – several changes were made to party chat, including:
- Chat connection status – New icons have been added to let you know the current status of a chat connection. Icons have been added for when a connection is being made, indicates when the connection is successful, shows who is speaking, and networking limitations.
- Improved connectivity between multiple participants with Strict or Moderate NATs – Xbox has implemented in new improvements to Moderate and Strict NAT type users, allowing a more enhanced experience.
- Game and party invitations – Now in game and party invites, you can see which of your friends is inviting you and what party or game the invite is for.
- Performance improvements – Xbox also decreased the time it takes to set up a person-to-person connection for a chat.
TV updates – Multiple updates for live TV as well as new features being accessible to foreign countries:
- TV trending in OneGuide – Xbox TV trending is now available in the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada, while Twitter trendings is available only in the U.S.
- Live TV trending (new countries) – France, Germany, Brazil and Mexico now have the ability to view live streams.
- Improved control of TVs, set-top boxes and audio/video receivers – Xbox One works even better with more devices, with an updated database.
- “Trick play” with Xbox One Digital TV Tuner – Xbox One Digital TV Tuner owners from the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy and Spain can now see video frames when fast-forwarding or rewinding.
- Live TV streaming on Windows Phone and Android – Xbox One Digital TV Tuner owners from the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy and Spain can now watch live streams.
- OneGuide for the Netherlands – OneGuide has been added to Xbox Live members in the Netherlands.
In addition to the several improvements addressed within the Xbox One February Update, Head of Xbox, Phil Spencer recently revealed the consoles potential to capture a screenshot.