Skyrim Modder Makes Tamriel’s NPCs Lose Their Loose Change

share to other networks share to twitter share to facebook
A screenshot of a Skyrim NPC retrieving their dropped cash.

The land of Skyrim is home to a lot of fairly wealthy people, even if a lot of them are too rude and snooty to offer you a taste of the luxurious foods and drinks or a ride in their private carriages.

For a long time, the only way for you to induct your Dragonborn into a life of luxury was to become a fearsome warrior, adept thief, or majestic mage, with your hard-earned skills literally paying the bills

However, that’s now changed thanks to one Skyrim modder, who has made your dreams of getting rich by milling about in taverns become possible, provided you put in a little bit of effort.

Advertisement

Get Ready To Make Your Fortune From Dropped Pennies

The mod that delivers your shot at the begging version of the American dream is called ‘JS Misplaced Septims SE’ and is the work of modder johnskyrim, a massively prolific Skyrim modder whose previous work includes making tripwires send NPCs flying, and bringing a craftable santa hat to the game.

Now, however, they’ve used their modding powers to make NPCs drop little gifts for the attentive moocher every so often, with their overstuffed pockets overflowing upon getting up from their chairs.

Left behind will be up to three free Septims if you’re lucky, and nothing if you weren’t: or if the NPC in question had no money on their person, seemingly much like yourself.

Assuming you’ve picked the right person to pocket watch, your chances of nabbing something good sits at around ten percent. NPCs do have a 60 percent chance of noticing what they’ve dropped and bending down to reclaim it, though, leaving only a 40 percent chance of you being able to swoop in and bag the money. You can see the whole system in action through the video below:

Luck isn’t the only barrier standing in the way of you bagging some golden bounty, however. The Misplaced Septims mod actually requires another called ‘Spell Perk Item Distributor (SPID)’ to function as intended, so make sure to grab that one if you’re hoping to pick up those pennies.

Also, stay tuned for updates, as johnskyrim is open to tweaking it so that the NPCs drop even more money (or even some other items) at some point in the future.

So, pick your unfortunate individual, keep an eye on their pockets, and make sure to follow us for more updates on The Elder Scrolls 6 and the wacky world of Skyrim modding.