Rogue Company may still be in beta, but hype surrounding the game is certainly growing.
Hi-Rez is implementing some significant changes and updates in this patch.
Let's check out the details and what the August update will bring to the game.
The new map Vice will be introduced this patch, check it out below:
Courtesy of Hi-Rez Studios
The map looks to have an interesting theme and design.
Hi-Rez has revealed Vice is an 'asymmetrical three-lane map'.
On top of this, the map has been tweaked in a number of areas as defence was dominating in testing.
New maps in shooters are always exciting, lets hope Vice plays as good as it looks.
This patch will bring the shooting range to Rogue Company.
This will allow players to practice with weapons in a dedicated environment.
A shooting range has become a must in every shooter.
It's great to see Hi-Rez adding updates the community wants to see.
Patch Notes - August
- Mean to select a different Perk? No problem! Players now have the option to use a buyback feature in the Item Shop! It will remain available until you leave the Chimera.
- New Gyro control options are now available
- Bleedout Rate increased from 9 seconds to 12 seconds.
- Slightly reduced the radius at which enemies influence spawns.
- Slightly increased the radius at which friendlies influence spawns.
Deserter/AFK Penalty System:
- In order to provide a more fair experience for players, Update 0.45 will implement a new system to discourage leaving matches early and going AFK. Please note specific penalties could change prior to Beta based on data and feedback.
- To be eligible for a deserter penalty a player must fall within one of the following categories:
- Left Match Early - A player who leaves a full party (not through disconnection)
- AFK - A player who has met our inactivity criteria (hasn’t taken a valid action) for approximately 2 minutes
- Disconnected - A player who has disconnected for at least 5 minutes before the match ends
- Upon meeting one of these criteria a player will be unable to queue for a match for a period of time, based on the number of offenses. Players will see a timer denoting how long until they are able to queue again1st offence - 10 minutes2nd offence - 30 minutes3rd offence - 4 hours4th offence - 24 hours
- Vice - This map contains new visual features and is available in Practice Extraction, Strikeout and Demolition.
- Icarus - Adjusted spawn locations.
- High Castle - Re-propped the top of the stairs and removed stairs on wizard tower and replaced with a mantle up spot. (We need pictures)
- Favelas - Removed the shelving units from the garage.
- Anvil - Fixed an issue where Anvil's barricade would recharge in Demolition
- Gl1tch - Now has Cloaked instead of Evade
- Scorch - Reduced ability duration from 15s to 10s
- Vy - Increased the maximum health gain per tick from Leeching Poison from 1 to 2
- Flashbang - Radius increased from 7m to 8m.
- Smoke Grenade - Increased the speed at which smoke appears. Increased radius from 4 to 4.5m
- Weapons - The level 3 upgrade on Anvil’s LMG which tightens your spread now has lightly reduced effectiveness + The Striker 8X10's damage fall of range has been slightly increased
- Dima, Talon,and Ronin now have additional voice lines.
- C4 that a player attempts to detonate midair will now detonate once it has landed
- Dropped weapons should now display pick up text
- The “No valid gamemode” should no longer be displayed when logging in
- Fixed a rooftop exploit in Favelas
- Players should no longer receive a Party Size Limit error for game modes
- Player names should no longer appear as numbers
- Fixed an issue with the Versus screen which could result in a bad match