If you enjoyed Nightdive Studios' excellent Quake remaster earlier this year, then we've got good news. A second update has dropped, unexpectedly adding a new Horde Mode feature, fresh add-ons and new single player content.
Horde mode can be played solo or in four player co-op across four maps. To win, players must survive nine waves of foes. Once the ninth wave is cleared, players are granted a key to exit and cash in on their scores. Alternatively, you can keep playing fighting waves to further increase those scores. However, the score will reset if everyone gets defeated.
Quake Update Adds Horde Mode, Honey Add-On and New Levels
As seen on the official Bethesda site, they'vereleased the patch notes for this game too. The Update 2 improvements for Quake differ for the console and PC version. A trailer is also viewable below:
The changes and fixes for Quake are as follows:
- Fixed a crash related to secret levels when loading a save (PlayStation 5)
- Fixed controller audio not playing in multiplayer when in someone else's lobby (PlayStation 5)
- Deadzone and other sliders should no longer have unselectable values (Nintendo Switch)
- Fixed achievement popup getting cut off when the pause menu is active (Nintendo Switch)
- "First Controller" setting now works correctly
- Improved auto aim to reduce amount of snapping and view locking onto enemies
- Crosshair color and type can now be changed from the Gameplay options menu
- Add-ons menu can now be used to play previously downloaded add-ons while offline
- Text chat and push to talk voice chat are now available in pre-game lobbies
- Fixed Death Knight incorrectly referred to as Hell Knight in the main Quake campaign
- Bots now chat less
- Fixed cases where texture borders were visible around certain HUD elements
- Fixed weapon firing immediately after respawning in multiplayer
- Turning off Enable Microphone before connecting to online services now properly mutes the microphone
Lastly, this update also introduces the Ranger Slayer skin for Quake re-release players who also play Doom Eternal and Quake Champions. Every platform - except for Nintendo Switch - will get this in Update 2 right now. Switch players will recieve that in early 2022.