With a couple weeks to go before the next big update hits GTA Online, it’s a nice little activity to pass the time and get a sweet prize for your trouble.
GTA treasure hunt clue locations
“The photo will be one of 20 locations picked at random. It will be marked on the map with a yellow question mark. The search radius for the initial search is very wide,” the Grand Theft Auto wiki explains.
“The clue is a note — pinned to a rock, tree or other object — and will be within the area pictured in the photo sent to the player’s phone. When getting closer to the clue, the sound of a metal wind chime can be heard. Upon finding this clue, the player will have three more clue locations marked on their map.”
According to GTA Series Videos on YouTube, the locations are:
- 0:43 - Location #1: Del Perro Pier
- 1:35 - Location #2: Mount Josiah / Cassidy Creek
- 2:35 - Location #3: Vinewood Hills
- 3:26 - Location #4: Pacific Bluffs Graveyard
- 4:00 - Location #5: Tongva Hills Vineyards
- 4:48 - Location #6: San Chianski Mountain Range
- 5:44 - Location #7: Great Chaparral Church
- 6:33 - Location #8: Cassidy Creek
- 7:19 - Location #9: Tataviam Mountains
- 8:12 - Location #10: Sandy Shores / Alamo Sea
- 8:46 - Location #11: Grand Senora Desert
- 9:29 - Location #12: San Chianski Mountain Range
- 10:09 - Location #13: Los Santos Golf Club
- 10:59 - Location #14: Pacific Ocean
- 11:50 - Location #15: Paleto Bay
- 12:37 - Location #16: Great Chaparral
- 13:20 - Location #17: Sandy Shores
- 14:09 - Location #18: Mount Chiliad
- 14:58 - Location #19: Tongva Hills / Two Hoots Falls
- 15:41 - Location #20: Sandy Shores
The Cayo Perico heist
“On Tuesday, December 15, GTA Online raises the stakes once again with its biggest update yet: the Cayo Perico Heist, featuring an all-new exotic location and a brand-new approach to heist design that for the first time will let players tackle the entire heist solo or with a crew of up to three other players,” Rockstar said in an email.
“Along with the challenge of finding a way to infiltrate and rob one of the most secure private islands in the world, players can also expect new social spaces to party with friends, new world-class DJs, and radio stations with over 100 new songs, plus a host of vehicles and weapons, a heavily armed submarine HQ, and much more.”
A standalone release of GTA Online is expected to launch in 2021, along with new versions of GTA 5 optimized for PS5 and Xbox Series X/S.