Grounded has been in early access for a few weeks now.
The game has taken the survival genre by storm with its interesting and exciting world.
The official Xbox Twitter account recently tweeted to say thank you to the millions of fans playing Grounded. Check out their tweet below:
We figured the best way to say thanks to the millions of fans playing Grounded in Game Preview was to add more Grounded to Game Preview.New update is available right now: https://t.co/CJ34rBaWzTpic.twitter.com/bX4xfsIg03
— Xbox (@Xbox)
On top of this, they announced a new update that includes some exciting new features.
Let's check out what's been added to the game.
August Content Update 0.2.0
- Bird! - Includes new crafting materials and recipes from bird feathers.
- Perk system with 13 unique perks to discover!
- New BURG.L Quest types: Artificer (crafting quests) and Chipsleuth (quests asking you to locate BURG.L chips).
- Added Fence buildings (Sprig and Acorn).
- Added Table buildings (Grass and Clover).
- Added Water Flea ambient insect to flooded biome.
Changes / Tuning
- Buffed damage on the Spider Fang Dagger so it's on the higher end of tier 2 weapons.
- Buffed damage on Spike Traps significantly.
- Spiders learned a new set of attacks to choose from instead of just their basic bite.
- Added a brief forced delay between block start events, preventing the player from perfect-blocking by mashing the block button.
- Slightly reduced the bonus damage given by the Eyepatch.
- Adjusting larva blade poison proc so it's consistent.
- Reducing the stun ratings of two-handed weapons.
- Slightly reducing amount of damage the mint mallet deals so it's in line with tier progression.
- Tier 2 insects now have a cooldown after being stunned before they can be stunned again.
- Perfect Blocking no longer reduces armor durability.
- Updated Raw Science UI icons to be more consistent across the game.
- Adding shortcut for dropping items in the inventory screen (Drop Stack is in the context menu).
- Adding "Deposit/Receive Stack" button on storage UIs.
- Shift+clicking item stacks in the storage UIs will transfer the full stack clicked.
- Dragging an item stack onto the paper doll in the inventory screen will drop the item stack in the world.
- Crafting an item with a full inventory will now notify that the item was dropped in the world.
- Storage and Flag marker icons have been revised, regrouped, and their colors have shifted (Requires a one-time tour of the yard to set everything back / new trail markers will be blank by default).
- Slight revisions to a few SCA.B flavor schemes.
- Canteen slurps available are displayed in the equipped item HUD element
- Additional icon art
- Added a highlight effect that appears on interactable objects when the player looks at them. This feature is controlled by the "Highlight Objects" Accessibility setting.
- Revised clover cave layout and lighting, and moved entrance slightly.
- Revised flooded area layout in southeast corner of yard.
- Updated house electrical socket with final, non-blockout art
- Items left in the world (not in a container, etc.) for 48-72 in-game hours will eventually despawn once out of range of all players. Items loaded from a saved game from version 0.1.x, will have all item timers start at zero to give players a chance to react to this change.
- Players and critters now create ripples in the water while moving.
- Kids are starting to throw Archer Cookies over the fence, along with their Billy Hogs and Apples.
- Added a few footprints throughout the yard.
- Base buildings will now be more reliably anchored when built on top of objects such as the Baseball
- Palisades will no longer immediately collapse when an attached building is removed.
- Water Containers can collect falling droplets.
- The player can now drink from Water Containers while holding weapons.
- Stairs may now be embedded in the ground like scaffolds and ramps.
- Walls that are sandwiched above by two floors will have their crenellations suppressed.
- The camera will slide to the correct position when interacting with a Weapon Wall Mount.
- Tweaked the placed position of the Weapon Wall Mount to be more centered.
- Better Windowed-Fullscreen performance in Windows versions of the game.
- Better UI/Inventory GPU performance.
- Significant load game time improvement for games with large bases.
- Better GPU performance during nighttime.
- The Voice Chat Activation setting is now properly reapplied when entering a game.
- SCA.B flavour scheme collectables now have a pulsing light and are slightly bigger to make them more noticeable.
- Hedge Berries now float in water.
- Prevented very large numbers of ants from being assigned the same task, such as killing a weevil.
- Reduced the camera near clip plane fixing the camera clipping into the player when using high a high field of view.
- Polished up spear movement and aiming animations for 1st person.
- You should now see grass extend to the furthest reaches of the yard.
- Ants now find and store lost IceCaps.
- Soldier ants can now properly drop ant heads as loot.
- Tall woody weeds are now displayed as "Husky Weed." Dandelions and husky weed both still supply weed stems. Husky weed now respawns.
- Ants will not be happy if you take their eggs.
- The Resource Analyzer now animates when analyzing.
- A couple of new smoothies can be whipped up at the smoothie station.
You can check out the official patch notes here.