Today we received an 18-minute Ghost of Tsushima video reveal and it made the wait for the release date on the 17th July even harder.
Developer Sucker Punch covered everything from stealth mechanics to little friendly critters.
You can check out the State of Play video below.
The first thing you'll notice when you boot up the video reveal, is the lack of HUD. With no extra flashy bits hindering your view, you'll be able to live vicariously through the protagonist Jin Sakai, for a full-on immersive samurai experience.
Rather than a waypoint intrusively hanging around on your screen, you'll be able to call upon gusts of wind to point you in the right direction.
Friendly critters also show up to guide Jin to specific locations.
There are two types of combat: samurai action and ghost stealth.
- Fight using a katana and longbow
- Parry attacks and arrows to create openings for critical finishers
- Change your stance to match the enemy you're fighting
- Fighting using a katana and dagger
- Use gadgets like firecrackers to lure enemies and kunai to take them out quickly and quietly
- Chain assassinations together to build up fear
- Scaring enemies could cause them to surrender or flee
- Parkour movement and a grappling hook
Both types of combat can be upgraded unlocking shrines, as well as progressing through the game.
Players will also be able to change Jin's appearance, such as the colors of his clothes and armor, you can achieve this by collecting and applying dye flowers.