We're about halfway through Season 1 of Destruction AllStars now, an update that's tried keeping the action going with new cosmetics, gameplay tweaks and a fresh playable character, Alba. Now, Lucid Games has confirmed they'll be introducing Blitz Mode in tomorrow's next update.
Calling this Patch 2.2.0, Blitz offers a competitive take on Mayhem mode, seeing four teams of three compete to hit a set score. Intended to be faster-paced than normal gameplay, you need to pick new AllStars between rounds, though character abilities and hero vehicles carry over.
Destruction AllStars PS5 Patch 2.2.0 Arrives Tomorrow, Introducing New Competitive Mode
Initially, this will be unranked as people get used to it, though ranked play will get added later on. That goes live at 4am PDT / 7am EDT / Noon BST / 1pm CEST on June 2, 2021, and you can find the full patch notes below:
- ⚡⚡ New Multiplayer game mode, BLITZ! ⚡⚡
- Blitz is a 12 player mode, split between 4 teams with 3 players on each.
- Play Blitz, and earn earn exclusive weekly rewards.
- Blitz is designed around competitive play.
- At launch it’s unranked. (The introduction of ranks/levels in Blitz will come later down the road)
- Added a new weekly challenge for Blitz.
- Added two seasonal challenges exclusive to Blitz.