DayZ is releasing a new update today for consoles. That means all PS4 and Xbox One players should notice a brand new update the next time they log in to play.
At the time of writing this doesn't appear to be a new update entirely, but rather a hotfix to the existing 1.09 update the game is on currently.
Earlier today the development team told fans on Twitter:
"Hello Survivors! At 15:00 (CEST) we will be deploying 1.09 hotfix 1+ 2 on Console. As a result, Console servers will be down for a short period of time. Note: PC had the same hotfixes over last 2 weeks Thank you for your patience."
Thankfully this new update isn't too big, with users reporting a 178 MB patch. Tiny in the grand scheme of things!
As for the patch notes, they've already dropped, with developer Bohemia interactive posting the console changes to the game's official forum.
Earlier this month the developer dropped DayZ Game Update 1.09 across all platforms and game fans a brief overview of what else they can expect from the game in 2020.
"While we have announced earlier this year that we plan to release five updates this year, we would like to inform you that due to the challenges we faced earlier this year (during lockdown), we won't be able to deliver five major game updates this year." the devs explained"
"Instead, we chose to dedicate more time for the remaining major Game Update 1.10, slated for the release in November of this year."
For the time being, those latest patch notes for console players can be found, just below.
DayZ Patch Notes for Update on 22 September 2020
- Fixed a server crash
- Fixed a crash while loading into the main menu/server (caused by corrupted local cached character data)
- Fixed a bug, allowing the player to drag full stacks of stones by using the combine area in the inventory
- Fixed an issue resulting in unmounted but attached barbed wire giving a damage
- Fixed an issue causing weapons to become stuck when dropped from an unconscious player during reload
- Fixed a bug preventing pulling dead players from the Olga in certain cases
- Fixed an issue causing items sometimes to get stuck after swapping with a dead player’s inventory
- Fixed an issue blocking base building close to other base building objects
- Fixed an issue preventing the collision of tent doors/walls from updating until the next server restart
- Placement of base building objects was made less restrictive (reducing gaps in between)
- The Revolver reload should be more responsive now
- Increased the durability of the IJ-70 pistol