ACNH - FALL UPDATE IS LIVE
The new Animal Crossing: New Horizons Fall update is now live. Patch Notes haven't dropped just yet, but we normally see Nintendo of Japan publish first.
Players should also be able to pick up a special Ring-Con furniture item gift when you check your in-game mail next time you log in.
Your new ACNH update should download automatically, but for those needing help, here's a quick guide on the steps you should follow to do it manually.
HOW TO UPDATE ANIMAL CROSSING ON NINTENDO SWITCH?
- Connect the Nintendo Switch console to the internet.
- Return to the HOME Menu and launch the game.
- The update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- Once the update is installed, the newest version number will be displayed on the title screen.
Original Story - After much waiting, Animal Crossing: New Horizons players recieved the news they'd been waiting for on Friday.
News had finally arrived of a brand new content update for the game.
This time it's taking the form of a new ACNH Fall/Halloween update, with plenty of themed content to the game.
A new seasonal trailer was also released, giving a snapshop of what players can expect to see when the new patch drops.
There was even a tease for future Thanksgiving and Christmas update too, although that's still very much a long way away right now.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Fall Update – Release Date
The release date for the Animal Crossing New Horizons Fall Update has been set for Wednesday, September 30th.
However, there's not been much mention of when the update will drop, which naturally leads many fans of the game to question when they can start playing.
Thankfully, we've done some cyber sleuthing and looking into it for you.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Fall Update – Release Time
Though Nintendo have been coy on specifiing a release time for the update the Ninendo Japanese website is far more accomidating with details.
Officially Nintendo has set a release time of 10AM Japan Standard Time on Wednesday, September 30th.
Given that these Animal Crossing New Horizon updates typically release at the same time as all regions, it means we can work out when the update will arrive across the world.
Depending on your region, you should be able to download the new update and start playing from these times:
- Tue, September 29th at 6PM Pacific Time (PDT)
- Tue, September 29th at 7PM Mountain Time (MDT)
- Tue, September 29th at 8PM Central Time (CDT)
- Tue, September 29th at 9PM Eastern Time (EDT)
- Wed, September 30th at 2AM British Summer Time (BST)
- Wed, September 30th at 11AM Australian Eastern Time (AEST)
Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Fall Update – What to expect?
These new features will be available from September 30 once players download the new update:
• Growing Pumpkins – Deck out your home and island for all your awesome autumnal occasions by first purchasing pumpkin starts in-game from Leif year-round or from Nook’s Cranny during October. Once your pumpkins are grown, they can be harvested and put to use in pumpkin-based DIY projects.
• Prepare for Halloween – Pumpkins are just the beginning of the Halloween-themed festivities coming to your island. With the big day just around the corner, you can start stocking up on candy early. Find your style for Halloween night by purchasing costumes, like a mage’s dress, at the Able Sisters shop during the month of October. You can even procure body paint and colored eye contacts by exchanging Nook Miles. You'll also be able to learn Halloween DIY projects from your fellow residents. On Halloween night, your neighbors will be getting in the holiday spirit with costumes of their own.
• Halloween Night Celebrations – When Halloween night arrives on Oct. 31, after 5 p.m., neighbors will gather in the plaza, which will be adorned with an array of Halloween decorations. You’ll also receive a visit from a mysterious guest, Jack, the “czar of Halloween.” By giving Jack lollipops and candy, you’ll earn spooky in-game rewards. Be sure to save some candy for your neighbors, too, or you might get pranked! Luckily, you can learn a couple of new Reactions to properly express your feelings of fear.
• Revisiting Dreams – The ability to take a nap and visit other islands within dreams was introduced this summer. Now, you'll be able to easily revisit dreams from a list, making it even easier to visit some of your favorite islands.
• NookLink App Update – The NookLink Service in the Nintendo Switch Online smartphone app is also receiving an update in early October. With the update, you’ll be able to use your smart device to perform Reactions in the game. How about trying it out for this occasion to let your island visitors know exactly how you feel about their mischievous tricks and treats?