The 2022 edition of the BAFTA Game Awards has concluded, with Returnal being the big winner, taking home four BAFTAs including Best Game. It’s a huge accomplishment for the developers at Housemarque, who gave up on their Arcade-style games to develop a PS5-exclusive under the PlayStation Studios banner.
Aside from Returnal, It Takes Two and Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart won two BAFTAs each, tying both titles as the second-most successful entries for this year’s BAFTA Game Awards. Rift Apart won the Animation and Technical Achievement BAFTAs while It Takes Two took home Original Property and Multiplayer.
2022 BAFTA Games Awards: All of This Year’s Winners
Here is the full list of winners for the 2022 BAFTA Game Awards:
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (Animation)
- The Artful Escape (Artistic Achievement)
- Returnal (Audio Achievement)
- Returnal (Best Game)
- Forza Horizon 5 (British Game)
- Toem (Debut Game)
- No Man’s Sky (Evolving Game)
- Chicory: A Colorful Tale (Family Game)
- Before Your Eyes (Game Beyond Entertainment)
- It Takes Two (Multiplayer)
- Returnal (Music)
- Unpacking (Narrative)
- It Takes Two (Original Property)
- Jane Perry/Returnal (Performer in a Lead Role)
- Kimberly Brooks/Psychonauts 2 (Performer in a Supporting Role)
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (Technical Achievement)
- Unpacking (EE Game of the Year)
Although the ceremony has concluded, fans can easily watch the replay of the 2022 BAFTA Game Awards on its YouTube channel. Returnal is readily available on the PlayStation 5.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Gaming News page.