Gamescom 2021 is an online-only digital event this year, similar to shows like E3 and The Game Awards. With new announcements promised for both unknown and existing games, fans are excited, and we've seen a lot of big-name publishers also sign up for this show,
We're hoping they'll give us some more exciting news and until then, here's everything we know so far.
Partners Confirmed For Gamescom 2021
Here's each of the confirmed publishers coming to Gamescom thus far:
- 505 Games
- Assemble Entertainment
- astragon Entertainment
- BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment
- Bethesda Softworks
- Daedalic Entertainment
- Electronic Arts
- Frontier Developments
- GAMEVIL COM2US Europe
- Indie Arena Booth
- Koch Media
- NExT Studios (Tencent Games)
- Pearl Abyss Corp
- SEGA Europe
- Smilegate West
- Thunderful Games
Gamescom 2021 Date
Fans will be able to tune into Gamescom this month from Aug. 25 to Aug. 27. Geoff Keighley's Opening Night Live will also be returning on August 25, promising "a new look at this holiday's biggest upcoming video games and what lies beyond".
That promises to showcase 30 games, including a 30 minute pre-show and between 10pm-midnight (CEST), Gamescom Studio are doing an aftershow. Before proceedings kick off though, Microsoft are also hosting an Xbox stream on August 24.
Gamescom 2021 Schedule
With a week to go before Gamescom 2021, publishers have started confirming their plans for the upcoming event. Here's what we know so far and what time each event starts.
- Xbox Stream - August 24 - 10am PT / 1pm ET / 6pm BST / 7pm CEST.
- Opening Night Live - August 25 - 10:30am PT / 1:30pm ET / 6:30pm BST / 7.30pm CEST. Further times here.
- Gamescom Studio - August 25 - 1pm PT / 4pm ET / 9pm BST / 10pm CEST
- Gamescom Studio - August 26 - 10am PT / 1pm ET / 6pm BST / 7pm CEST
- Gamescom: Awesome Indies - August 26 - 11.30am PT / 2.30pm ET / 7.30pm BST / 8.30pm CEST
- Future Games Show: Gamescom 2021 - August 26 - 1pm PT / 4pm ET / 9pm BST / 10pm CEST
- Gamescom Studio - August 27 - 10am PT / 1pm ET / 6pm BST / 7pm CEST
Gamescom 2021 Confirmed Games
As we've slowly approached Gamescom 2021, fans have understandably wondered which games we can expect, and Opening Night Live host Geoff Keighley's slowly been revealing details. Promising a 30 game presentation for the opening show, here's what's been confirmed so far:
- Call of Duty: Vanguard
- Death Stranding: Director's Cut
- Far Cry 6
- Genshin Impact
- LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
- Massive Monsters
- Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl
- Saints Row reboot
- Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge
- Valheim: Hearth And Home
As for other games to expect outside Opening Night Live, Modus Games confirmed they'll be providing news In Sound Mind, Soulstice, Rustler, and Super Animal Royale news, alongside a new reveal during the Future Games Show. Assemble Entertainment are showing XEL, Techland are featuring Dying Light 2: Stay Human during the Xbox event, alongside plenty more.