Epic Games released an update just two weeks after the launch of Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2, which is a bit strange. Now, just a couple of weeks later, Fortnite update 20.20 has dropped on all platforms.
Now that it is live, we have all the details you need on what's new in Fortnite this week.
If you're looking for something new to play before getting stuck in with the latest update, why not check out our list of the best FPS games on Android? We've also got a list of the best Roblox anime games if you want a new pocket-sized sensation to dig into.
Fortnite Update 20.20 New Skins - Wu-Tang Clan
Announced just a few days after the Fortnite update 20.20 release was word that Wu-Tang Clan skins would be coming to the game. Originally teased as a legendary hip-hop duo, the Wu-Tang Fortnite skins are now officially coming to the game on April 23, 2022 at 8pm ET. That's 1am GMT the following day for Europe - the typical shop reset time.
Wu-Tang items include:
- Shimmy Surfer Glider (uses the Ruckus Red alt Style).
- Wu Wrap
- Wu-Tang is Forever Emote
- B.R.I.T.E. Outfit
- Wu-Tang Represent Back Bling (reactive and included with B.R.I.T.E. Outfit, uses the Ruckus Red alt style)
- Triumphant Tagger Pickaxe (leaves paint trails - uses Ruckus Red alt style)
- Throwback BG Outfit
- WUWEAR Worldwide Back Bling (reactive and included with the Outfit)
- Neck Protector Pickaxe (reactive to hits)
As you can tell, these are all in-game shop items. Though some Wu-Tang Clan quests could come as a tie-in event, there's no word on that now.
Fortnite Update 20.20 Patch Notes
You can always look at the Fortnite Community Issues Trello board for the latest on the bug fixes that are being worked on. These pressing tweaks are as follows:
- Can't slide after sprinting if the "Toggle sprint" option is off
- Match end UI occasionally missing from the screen
- Leaving a boat while boosting on land may cause controllers to vibrate
- Creative accolade achievements not appearing on UI
- Placing a BluGlo Siphon in Save the World mode can cause crashes
- Incorrect description for Sleuth's commander perk in Save the World
Now, though, Epic has released exactly what's changing in the update. You can check out all of the details on the blog, but here are the bug fixes:
- Fixed an issue involving constant controller vibration after exiting a Motorboat on land mid-boost.
- Fixed an issue involving an inability to slide if “Toggle Sprint” was set to “Off.”
What Is the Fortnite Update 20.20 Release Date and Time?
You'll be able to download the update after a short period of downtime, with the new content leaking during that time. As we hear exactly what's being added, we'll be sure to update you here.
By 2am PT/10am BST on April 19, the Fortnite Update 20.20 patch should be live for you to install and the servers should be back live for you to check out everything that's new.
Fortnite 20.20 Server Downtime
As we said, there will be some server downtime before Fortnite Update 20.20 goes live.
The Fortnite servers should be taken down at 12am PT/8am BST, with matchmaking being disabled. You'll see @FortniteStatus tweet about it once it happens.
Then, as the leakers all over Twitter figure out what's new, you just have to wait a couple of hours for everything to come back. By 3am PT/11am BST at the absolute latest, Fortnite should be back to normal with all of the new content live for you to checkout.
Again, we'll keep you updated on April 19 with all of the server downtime news and updates.
They're not everyone's favourites, but they're fun to mess around with for a bit as Easter approaches.