Fortnite competitive has been experiencing a wild 2020 that is for sure.
Since the cancellation of the Fortnite World Cup earlier in the year, we have seen FNCS's held each season.
With the recent Trio FNCS concluding a few weeks ago, we are now looking ahead to next season's mode; which should be Duos.
Before we get there, however, a brand new event is returning and there is a lot on the line.
Here's all you need to know about the Chiptole Challenger Series!
What Is It?
The Chiptole Challenger Series is an event sponsored by Chiptole where players will have a chance to qualify through open qualifiers to compete against some of the best.
The event itself was held earlier in Season 4 and was watched by Fortnite fans all over the world.
Here is how they describe the event:
The Chipotle Challenger Series is an online competition featuring popular streamers as well as qualifying teams, who will have the chance to win $50,000 and free burritos for a year!
Qualifiers will be conducted via Mayhem. Please join the Mayhem server once you have completed registration here on Smash.gg (required for all players)
This time around the prize pool will be a massive $50,000 USD.
As well, the top three teams in NAE and NAW will all win free Chiptole burritos for a year!
Below are the dates for the qualifiers and finals:
- Qualifier #1: Tuesday, Nov. 24th, starting at 3pm PT (NA East server)
- Qualifier #2: Tuesday, Nov. 24th, starting at 6pm PT (NA West server)
- Qualifier #3: Thursday, Dec. 3rd, starting at 3pm PT (NA East server)
- Qualifier #4: Thursday, Dec. 3rd, starting at 6pm PT (NA West server)
- Finals: Tuesday, Dec 8th, starting at 3pm PT (NA East Server)
Once again, the Chiptole Challenger Series is going to be Trios! So grab your friends and get ready to battle it out against some of the best.
They have also outlined some important rules that you should be familiar with.
Here they are:
- Players must be of the age of 13+ to participate
- Be a resident of the United States or Canada
- Have an authentic and legitimate version of Fortnite® installed
- Be part of a three (3) player Team
- Each team is required to have one player on PC as their party leader to be able to queue in custom lobbies via Mayhem.
- Teams are required to have all members join the Mayhem server, and must have the app open while playing all games.
Players can head over to the official site for the event here to register!
Here is how points are going to be rewarded during each match of the Chiptole Challenger Series:
- Eliminations = 1 point
- Placement:1st 5 points
- 2nd 4 points
- 3rd - 4th 3 points
- 5th - 8th 2 points
- 9th - 12th 1 points
- 13th and below 0 point