During week 3, you may have noticed some strange floating sentinels on the island called 'Gatherers'.
These 'Gatherers' patrol random clusters of the island as servants of Galactus.
The only purpose they serve to you is a combined 75,000XP - otherwise, they're just an inconvenient obstacle in your way to a victory royale.
So here's what you need to know about them and how to destroy them.
What Are Gatherers?
Gatherers are drones sent by Galactus. These are actually the smaller ones floating around a much larger one.
The larger ones are called 'Gorgers'
The new Gatherers are drones sent by Galactus, which are bound to disrupt the Fortnite map.
How To Find Gatherers In Fortnite
As said before, Gatherers spawn from Gorgers.
Gorgers are very hard to miss, due to their overwhelming size, so you should spot them easily.
While they don't seem to have a set spawn point, usually they are located just on the outskirts of major Points of Interest.
Their placement is completely random, so keep your eyes peeled for them if you can from the Battle Bus.
It's worth noting that Gorgers and Gatherers will only spawn in regular Battle Royale modes such as solos, duos and squads; you can not do this in Battle Royale.
How To Destroy Gatherers
When you encounter a Gorger, be sure to allow as many Gatherers to spawn in as possible.
You will need to eliminate 20 of them, so it may be tough to find the Gorger again if you can't get it done in one attempt.
The attacks from the Gorgers are fairly easy to dodge and it will only attack when you're relatively close.
Gatherers may not move too far either, so be wary of where the Gorger is at all times; if it hits you, it will likely kill you.
Pick up an assault rifle or a long-range weapon, build some cover if necessary or use any appropriate buildings on the map to poke out and take down the Gatherers.
Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 4 Week 4 Challenges
- Search 7 chests at Slurpy Swamp (25,000 XP)
- Get 3 eliminations at Weeping Woods (25,000 XP)
- Deal 100 damage within 10 seconds of bouncing off an umbrella at Sweaty Sands (25,000 XP)
- Destroy 3 Collector Cases at The Collection (25,000 XP)
- Hack 5 Stark Robots at Stark Industries(25,000 XP)
- Destroy 20 Gatherers (25,000 XP)
- Deal 10000 Damage With A Gatherer's Remains (50,000 XP)
- Deal 500 damage to opponents at Steamy Stacks (25,000 XP)
- Deal 500 damage to opponents at The Authority (25,000 XP)
Check out our full guide for Week 4 here.