During week 3, you may have noticed some strange floating sentinels on the island called 'Gatherers'.
These 'Gatherers' patrol random clusters of the island as servants of Galactus.
With 50,000 XP on the line for completing this challenge, it's worth finishing up.
Here's how to deal damage with the Gatherers remains.
What Are Gatherers?
Gatherers are drones sent by Galactus. These are actually the smaller ones floating around a much larger one.
The larger ones are called 'Gorgers'
The new Gatherers are drones sent by Galactus, which are bound to disrupt the Fortnite map.
GATHER AND SON: Pick up the remains to deal damage
How To Find Gatherers In Fortnite
As said before, Gatherers spawn from Gorgers.
Gorgers are very hard to miss, due to their overwhelming size, so you should spot them easily.
While they don't seem to have a set spawn point, usually they are located just on the outskirts of major Points of Interest.
Their placement is completely random, so keep your eyes peeled for them if you can from the Battle Bus.
It's worth noting that Gorgers and Gatherers will only spawn in regular Battle Royale modes such as solos, duos and squads; you can not do this in Battle Royale.
How To Deal Damage With Gatherers Remains
Are destroying a Gatherer, you will notice it will drop parts (also known as its 'remains').
These remains can be used as a weapon, so you will need to pick it up after defeating one.
Once you've got it, you can use it on the remaining Gatherers to complete both challenges related to these disturbing things.
You will need to deal 10,000 damage, so be sure to allow the Gorger to spawn as many as possible.
If things go wrong, you can always try to use it on the Gorger or other players.
Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 4 Week 4 Challenges
- Search 7 chests at Slurpy Swamp (25,000 XP)
- Get 3 eliminations at Weeping Woods (25,000 XP)
- Deal 100 damage within 10 seconds of bouncing off an umbrella at Sweaty Sands (25,000 XP)
- Destroy 3 Collector Cases at The Collection (25,000 XP)
- Hack 5 Stark Robots at Stark Industries(25,000 XP)
- Destroy 20 Gatherers (25,000 XP)
- Deal 10000 Damage With A Gatherer's Remains (50,000 XP)
- Deal 500 damage to opponents at Steamy Stacks (25,000 XP)
- Deal 500 damage to opponents at The Authority (25,000 XP)
Check out our full guide for Week 4 here.