Fortnite update 16.40 arrives today in Epic Games' Battle Royale.
Rumours have been circulating regarding the addition of Katniss Everdeen, as well as a new summer-themed item in Creative.
Fans can also expect significant content related to the Batman/Fortnite: Zero Point comic series, as it has been said that the game and comic will bleed into each other for readers and players to enjoy.
Here's what you need to know about today's update.
Fortnite 16.40 Release Date
Fortnite 16.40 will release on May 11, 2021, at 4 a.m. EST.
Update sizes will vary from console to console.
- PS4 - 3GB
- PS5 - 2.2GB
- Xbox One - 2.5GB
- Xbox Series X - 2.5GB
- PC - 1.37GB
- Switch - 2.4GB
- Android - 1GB
16.40 Update Patch Notes
Here's what's being updated according to the Community Trello Board
- We are aware of visual issues with the Toon Meowscles and similarly-styled Outfits on Nintendo Switch, the PC Performance Mode alpha, and Android.
- When playing Fortnite, players cannot create system-level parties that include players on both PS5 and PS4.
- The trail color when swinging the Harmonic Axes Pickaxe doesn't always match the selected Pickaxe Style.
- Battle Royale
- Players will rarely find themselves dropped at a different location than where they were gliding towards after jumping out of the Battle Bus.
- When long-pressing the Inventory button to pull up the Crafting tab, players may sometimes see their first Craftable item selected instead of their equipped item if they have multiple craftable Items in their Inventory.
- The "Hunt Wildlife" Quest is currently not tracking progress properly.
- Phone Booth device issue.
- Before placing a Device or Gallery, the pre-placement HUD displays the incorrect memory cost.
- Rapidly editing / triple editing builds will sometimes not properly edit the selected piece in Creative Mode.
- We're investigating an issue that is causing the Prop-O-Matic features to not function correctly.
- We're investigating an issue where the "Recent Islands" list does not update after entering an Island.
- We're investigating an issue that is causing small white boxes to appear on Consumable thumbnails.
- In docked mode, players are shown a 'Keep These Video Settings?' message and are unable to change their custom controls.
- Summer-themed items
Two new possible locations added in the files:
- Isla Nublada
Batman's Cave has appeared under Flush Factory.
The Beast Boy Bundle will release on May 13, 2021, and include:
- Beast Boy Skin, with variant and "Go Ape" Emote
- Couch Titan Backbling
- BB's Bonk Bat Pickaxe
- BBRae Loading Screen
The Catwoman Zero Bundle will release on May 18, 2021, and include:
- Catwoman Zero Skin,
- Catwoman's Claw Grapple Pickaxe
- Some sort of Back Bling
- A new loading screen.
Snakes And Stones Challenge Pack
Street Shadows Challenge Pack
New Locker Bundles:
- Trae Young
- Typical Gamer
- Donovan Mitchell
- The Exotic Marksman Six Shooter will be added to the game
- New Boss Mythic Weapon, the Spire Guardian's Primal Assault Rifle
- The Exotic Shotgun, The Dub
- Epic has added new parts for helicopters (similar to how tires work for cars)