A month on from release, it's safe to say that FIFA 22 has enjoyed a rather scot-free entrance into the gaming world.
With the exception of the odd bug or two, there has been little to complain about as far as the EA Sports title is concerned.
But with that said, in order to stay on top, you've got to keep on getting better, and that is exactly what EA are planning to do as they prepare to release another set of patch notes.
Here is everything that we know about the third set of FIFA 22 patches.
3 November 2021 -
Title Update #3 is live now!
Keep reading to find out everything you need to know about the latest major FIFA 22 update.
Patch Notes Revealed
We may still be waiting on the release of the third title update of the year, but EA have kept us in the loop by revealing exactly what will be coming.
Here are all of the updates & fixes that we can look forward to upon the arrival of title update #3:
- In a rare situation, the ball could be moved during a free kick without play resuming for both sides.
- In some situations, the referee did not call for a foul after the goalkeeper made illegal contact with the ball carrier.
- Addressed some stability issues that could occur during the 2nd half.
- Sometimes, goalkeepers were jumping too far forward when attempting to make a diving save.
- These jumping animations did not affect a goalkeeper’s ability to make saves.
- In some instances, the referee incorrectly cancelled their advantage call, resulting in an unintended set piece.
- When playing as a locked player, the opposition’s defensive line could have continued following the locked player deep into their own half, even when it was not beneficial to do so.
- Own goals could have sometimes registered as a Shot On Target for the scoring side.
- Added a Change Team Sheet shortcut on the Training Hub, enabling the manager to quickly cycle between Team Sheets for Training Drills.
- When getting transferred to a new club in Player Career, Pros with an OVR of 86 and higher will immediately be a part of the starting XI.
- Career Mode progression could have been lost between play sessions depending on how the mode was exited.
- When exiting Career Mode, the save pop up has been updated to have Save and Quit as the first option as it allows players to manually choose their save slot.
- In Player Career, the Avoid Conceding objective UI did not display correctly.
- In Player Career, the player-controlled Pro could become a member of the starting XI unintentionally quickly.
- Added 2 new party games to VOLTA ARCADE.
- These will only be available following a server update. Please follow @EAFIFADIRECT for updates on when this will be live in-game.
- Added a shortcut for deallocating all Skill Points used in the Skill Tree.
- Added an audio cue that plays when there’s a new leader in VOLTA ARCADE party games.
- When playing VOLTA BATTLES through Activities, the opposing Squad OVR could display an incorrect number.
- The Signature Ability button callout did not always display during matches when the Signature Ability was ready to be activated.
- When selecting an AI-controlled teammate in the Change Outfit menu found in the Store and browsing the available items, the player’s Avatar could be displayed instead.
- The ball could have sometimes traveled through the Musical Nets VOLTA ARCADE party game.
- During the Wall Ball VOLTA ARCADE party game, the white shooting limit line will now display as red when the player-controlled Avatar crosses it.
- Addressed a stability issue that could occur when playing a VOLTA FOOTBALL Survival match.
General, Audio, and Visual
- Updated some badges, commentary lines, kits, banners, flags, broadcast packages, stadia, pre-match scenes, and tifos.
- Updated 31 starheads and 1 new starhead.
- This will only be available following a server update. Please follow @EAFIFADIRECT for updates on when this will be live in-game.
- Addressed various instances of typos and incorrect UI/text formatting.
Lagging Issues Resolved
Whilst the majority of the title update will focus on cosmetic amendments and minor bug patches, there is one hugely significant fix to look forward to.
The bug causes games to lag at random intervals during a match, but only ever in the second-half, which, in a tightly contested game of FUT Champions action, could be the difference between a win and a loss.
This has ultimately left players falling short of their desired Weekend League ranking, causing them to miss out on the higher-tiered rewards. Let's hope that this patch puts a stop to it once and for all.
Title Update #3 went live in FIFA 22 on Wednesday, November 3rd.